sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2023 3:23 pm  #1

This Never Seen "Leave It To Beaver" Episode Is Now Available Online

Bill Brioux's guest columnist promises to look into the so-called FAST services (Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV) over the next few weeks. 

In his first column, he examines the long lost gems that lurk on Tubi.tv, one of several services now available in Canada and a U.S. version via a VPN.

I've been using Tubi for a while off and on, but he reveals a few hidden classics that are lurking on the streamer that I didn't know about - including one you've almost certainly never seen.

"[There's] lots of comedy from The Golden Age of the Laugh Track. Car 54 Where Are You, Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, Burns and Allen, Leave it to Beaver including a so-called “Lost Episode” made not for broadcast but for the US treasury department."

Dipping a toe into the Tubi tub

Leave It to Beaver: The Lost Episode

March 5, 2023 4:55 pm  #2

Re: This Never Seen "Leave It To Beaver" Episode Is Now Available Online

The US Treasury Department used to commission these special versions of popular shows that could be shown in schools and community meetings to promote savings bonds. I can't find it on YouTube now, but I recall seeing one from the 70s with Ed Asner and Ted Knight as Lou Grant and Ted Baxter. 

Last edited by Hansa (March 5, 2023 5:27 pm)

March 6, 2023 10:51 am  #3

I found a 1961 Mr. Ed episode that received the savings bond treatment as well.

March 16, 2023 4:30 pm  #4

This week, Bill Brioux's guest columnist tries to rate the overall appeal of Pluto.tv.

March 16, 2023 5:11 pm  #5

It'll go quite nicely with Conor McGregor No BS, Lone Wolf McQuade and The Terrifier.