sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2021 12:49 pm  #31

Re: Did You Book Your Booster/Or Had It Already?

Got it yesterday. Yes, it's likely this will end up being like the regular flu vaccine with new formulations every year to address changes in the variants (I expect at some point it will just be combined with the flu vaccine- if that's possible).

December 21, 2021 4:16 pm  #32

RadioActive wrote:

No booster for me until the second week of January

Can I change my answer? In an incredible series of coincidences that I won't go into here, a pharmacy I registered at about two blocks from my house called me out of the blue on Tuesday afternoon, said they had a sudden opening and did I want it?

They did and I did and I'm triple Pfizered. Pretty amazing, considering I was just about to go out seconds before they called!

December 21, 2021 6:26 pm  #33

Went to local pharmacy, no lineup.  Took longer to do the paperwork than it did to get the shots (flu as well).
Why line up out in the cold?  Stay healthy everyone and Happy Holidays!

December 22, 2021 12:07 am  #35

Glen Warren wrote:

What size pizza do I get? Extra large? Yes please!

December 22, 2021 11:38 am  #36

I am double vaxxed and have booked my booster and I am going to get it, but:

Yesterday Ontario reported 3453 new Covid cases. Of that 3453, 2500 were people who were fully vaccinated. So how are the vaccines providing protection from Covid? The anti vaxxers will have a field day with this.

December 22, 2021 11:52 am  #37

I think the answer is the vaccines never completely prevented the virus. They do keep you from getting really sick if you do contract it and ending up in hospital because it teaches your immune system what to look for. Just like a flu shot won't keep you from getting the flu, but it will curb the worst effects and you'll be better sooner. 

At the beginning, the whole point was to keep people out of the ICUs, which were way overburdened. Now it seems the case counts have taken over the coverage and they've forgotten about protecting hospitals. So that's what the vaccines and the boosters are for.  An ounce of prevention. Not a pound of cure. 

December 22, 2021 11:59 am  #38

Storm wrote:

I am double vaxxed and have booked my booster and I am going to get it, but:

Yesterday Ontario reported 3453 new Covid cases. Of that 3453, 2500 were people who were fully vaccinated. So how are the vaccines providing protection from Covid? The anti vaxxers will have a field day with this.

At no point was there ever a 100% offered of immunity with the shot.  It avoids you needing hospital and makes getting sick a minor experience.   The push for boosters is to ensure this continues, and is backed by the stats, as most who are 2-3 shots in have shown way less hospitalizations.    The idea is to ensure we keep people alive, and avoid filling the hospitals with people with covid.   Most anti-vax types listen to crack science, and true uneducated opinion on the topic and keep spreading it. (sounds like some religious cult)    Omicron also has changed things... it's much more contagious and after 6 months, the 2 shots are unable to fight it as well. The booster is to buy us time to get past Omicron and hopefully the next wave..    

Get your info from trusted sources, like a true medical professional, trusted media sources and base opinion on fact not because you agree or disagree...   There is so much garbage info and opinion flying around. 

December 22, 2021 3:50 pm  #39

Mass clinic today, very smooth, 3rd shot done.  Booking a flight to Israel for my 4th... (kidding of course)

December 22, 2021 4:30 pm  #40

My first two shots went smoothly - nothing but a sore arm. The booster's had a stronger effect though - tired and achy yesterday and still tired today (though the achiness has gone). Overall, not even as bad as mild cold symptoms though and certainly nothing compared to getting COVID.

December 22, 2021 5:06 pm  #41

Hansa wrote:

My first two shots went smoothly - nothing but a sore arm. The booster's had a stronger effect though - tired and achy yesterday and still tired today (though the achiness has gone). Overall, not even as bad as mild cold symptoms though and certainly nothing compared to getting COVID.

I had the exact same reaction. But I hope it means it's working!

January 5, 2022 12:52 am  #42

I had the third one today and thankfully it did not make me sick like the first one. 

January 5, 2022 7:08 am  #43

I received my booster shot New Year's Eve. No side effects.

January 5, 2022 8:42 am  #44

I have my 3rd shot tomorrow, Here in Norfolk County there seem to be many appointments posted on a local pharmacy chain goin unfilled, For the 3rd week in January and onward.

January 5, 2022 11:51 am  #45

Is it even working?  Were back in somewhat of a lockdown and the funny part is, the two unvaxxed people I know who contracted "covid" had the same result of sickness level as the vaxxed ones 

January 5, 2022 1:46 pm  #46

I take my vaccines like my lattes - triple shot! (And injected with a hypodermic needle.)

January 5, 2022 2:07 pm  #47

Got my booster on Monday.  First two were Pfizer, the booster Moderna.  Had some chills yesterday and I was tired.  Better today. 

January 5, 2022 3:08 pm  #48

Interesting to see on CFTO's Noon News a live shot from a vaccination clinic at Weston and the 401, sponsored by Humber River Regional Hospital. Not a single person was in line and there was no one waiting at the place when they went to air, despite the fact demand has been so high and appointments so hard to find.

The place is open till 6 PM Wednesday night, if you're interested in getting an easy shot, apparently with little or no wait.

January 5, 2022 6:35 pm  #49

Got our booster this afternoon. Pfizer for the first two, Moderna for the bump today. [Edit]

I've just deleted the rest of this original post after reading a few stories in the Thursday online edition
of the Toronto Star. Things are becoming more serious. People are walking away from their appointments
when they discover they are being offered Moderna instead of the Pfizer they got for their first two shots.

We were delighted to finally receive the Moderna boosters following a long wait, once we were able to
get our appointments. I don't feel we have the cred to recommend that others get the booster being
offered, but that's our thinking. We remember Fauci saying in the early days when shots were scarce
that it was more important to take what was on the menu than pass on the vaxx and that's probably
still good advice today.

As I said in the first iteration of this post, we wish you well in these troubled times.

Last edited by mike marshall (January 6, 2022 1:53 am)

January 6, 2022 3:36 pm  #50

Some Hamilton pharmacies are accepting walk in biz while vaccine supplies last.

January 6, 2022 4:34 pm  #51

Pfizered Today!  Number 3

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

January 6, 2022 8:57 pm  #52

Moderna booster at The International Centre before New Year's.   I was jabbed one minute before my appointment time.   Aside from a sore arm the next day, no complaints.

To make my reply about radio....Although I was inside Mississauga, I did not listen to 960-CKNT or 1320-CJMR.  I also did not listen to CFMJ or CFRB.    I believe I was boncing back and forth between CIND, CFNY and CILQ, depending on what songs were being played.

January 6, 2022 9:04 pm  #53

Speaking of boosters and broadcasting, here's a question - all the newsrooms across the city are openly admitting on air that the end of regular testing makes it impossible to provide accurate numbers about the case counts. So why do they insist on continuing to report them, knowing they're not correct? It's starting to annoy me.