sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2020 3:57 pm  #1

Jessica Mulroney (Meghan Markle's BFF) gets called out

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/jessica-mulroney-apologizes-to-sasha-exeter-144409488.html

Couldn't care less for this drama...royal connection or not...I just find it sad funny.

CTV has taken down Jessica's I Do, Redo TV show website page so I'm interested to see if they fire her outright...and like Pat Foran never doing a Consumer Alert story on CTV Toronto about Bell's horrid customer service practices...I doubt CTV News or Jessica's brother Ben will cover this on CTV's highly watched E-talk program that airs right after the 6pm news...

June 11, 2020 4:00 pm  #2

Re: Jessica Mulroney (Meghan Markle's BFF) gets called out

At this rate, everybody will be fired from everything.

June 11, 2020 4:48 pm  #3

non-event of the century...

June 11, 2020 4:57 pm  #4

Who is getting married this way right now? Maybe they ran out of content or weddings? There is no traveling to honeymoons or destination weddings, no groups of 5 or more still and well, nothing says I love you like an online wedding! (NOT)!!!

Mind you my cousin Shelly (Sheldon)  had his Bar Mitzvah on Zoom last month, I think we crashed the system, when we all yelled "Mazel Tov"!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (June 11, 2020 8:22 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 11, 2020 6:21 pm  #5

to hell with these so called "influencers"  When I wanted a free meal, I'd go to Mom and Dad's

June 11, 2020 6:51 pm  #6

Nathan Downer just read a statement during the 6:00 pm newscast, announcing the removal of Jessica Mulroney's show from the network.  

Last edited by Media Observer (June 11, 2020 7:00 pm)

June 11, 2020 8:11 pm  #7

If they fire her maybe Ben Mulroney will quit in protest. One can only hope.

June 11, 2020 9:28 pm  #8

Geez .. from I've been hearing, this is a time for white people to listen, not talk, listen, to work to truly understand .. 

It's pretty much impossible to say anything right now as whatever you say, someone will take offense.

This age of outrage actually diverts & spreads attention away from things that truly deserve outrage.

June 12, 2020 7:51 am  #9

June 12, 2020 8:16 am  #10

City TV has also confirmed she'll no longer be an occasional guest on CityLine because of the controversy. 

June 12, 2020 11:58 am  #11

I've always been fairly left-wing for most of my life. And I don't watch nor particularly care about Mulroney's show to begin with, but really I would hope that even for the left-wingers out there, this cancel culture movement has really reached its peak of stupidity.

You cannot criticize or say even the slightest negative thing about BLM.  I told my (black) friend a few days ago that I was concerned over those protests happening around the world and that it would lead to a huge uptick in COVID-19 infections, and undo all of the months of social isolation ...and guess what?  He seems to now be giving me the silent treatment.  I hate the horrible deaths that I've seen happening to black people, especially in the US, but some are treating victimhood like an entitlement to demand/shame others into supporting them lest they be labelled privileged or racist.   They are sabotaging their own cause in the stupidest way possible.

June 12, 2020 12:06 pm  #12

I agree with many that things in general these days have gotten out of hand in terms of sensitivity and swinging the pendulum too far to one side or another...but in this case Mulroney dug her own grave...after reading a few more takes it seems pretty clear that she was triggered and then lashed out...alluding to her influence and how it could be used to negatively and fiscally hurt he other party...what sunk her is that she publicly apologized and then immediately after sent a private note saying that she will explore libel legal action against her...how honestly stupid and privileged can you be...this would be an idiotic move at any time but now?...read the room girl!

June 12, 2020 1:21 pm  #13

TomTV wrote:

I've always been fairly left-wing for most of my life. I would hope that even for the left-wingers out there, this cancel culture movement has really reached its peak of stupidity.

You cannot criticize or say even the slightest negative thing about BLM.

[OT] Wow!! When the left says it's too much, I can safely surmise that the apocalypse and the seven horsemen(Lederman) are on the way.

June 12, 2020 1:39 pm  #14

Charlie wrote:

I thought there were only 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, or has it been expanded to be more diverse and inclusive?

You're right! They had to add a non-binary pan-horseman, plus one due to taxes and the last was the mandatory one that spoke fluent French.

June 12, 2020 1:50 pm  #15

Didn't know Jessica Mulroney was even on Good Morning America in the U.S., but that gig is gone, too.

‘Good Morning America’ Cut Ties With Jessica Mulroney Over Alleged Social Media Threat To Black Influencer 

June 13, 2020 3:53 pm  #16

I'm impressed by how quickly she's been unpersoned. The international Netflix rollout of her show has likely been cancelled. All the work to produce a show ignored because the host got into an online catfight at a sensitive time.

First it was Don, then it was Wendy, now it's Jessica. Who will the mob get next?

Last edited by Retaw (June 13, 2020 3:55 pm)

June 13, 2020 6:45 pm  #17

Retaw wrote:

First it was Don, then it was Wendy, now it's Jessica. Who will the mob get next?

Are you implying that NONE of the disciplined people were guilty of what they were accused? And that "mob"? Is that shaming the general public's god-giving right to express their feelings? Political correctness has taken an very tough stance lately, but that doesn't mean people who make a boo-boo shouldn't be called out on it.

June 13, 2020 7:45 pm  #18

A significant number of people are getting tired of certain groups of people getting policed more than other groups, with some getting killed or seriously injured in the process. It's finally catching fire. Yes, some of the dialogue is nasty, but much more so are the actions that have led to where we are. Stepping on someone's neck in the circumstances caught on camera is truly ugly, and these hosts are collateral damage by their own thoughtlessness and stupidity. With positions on air and such comes responsibility. If they can't accept that, and handle that -- next...

Last edited by Saul (June 13, 2020 7:45 pm)

July 16, 2020 1:04 pm  #19

Is CTV going to drop The Masked Singer? I don't think many would argue against Nick Cannon's comments being far more offensive than what ended Jessica's media career.

Of course, I'm just a "lesser" "savage" so maybe my view is wrong.