sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2019 5:17 pm  #1

Poll: Have you ever read a Margaret Atwood book?

please tell 

Have you ever read a Margaret Atwood book?

September 6, 2019 11:14 am  #2

Re: Poll: Have you ever read a Margaret Atwood book?

bump

September 7, 2019 2:38 pm  #3

about what I expected 

October 15, 2019 7:42 am  #4

No. I have not and am not about to start now. I could not name the title of any of her books, or tell you how many she has written. Simply not interested in her or what she does.

October 16, 2019 3:27 pm  #5

Ms. C. wrote:

mace wrote:

No. I have not and am not about to start now. I could not name the title of any of her books, or tell you how many she has written

Having received a copy of "the Testaments" as a gift last week, I am currently enjoying it and would be happy to lend it to you or to assist you in applying for a library card if that's something that might tickle your fancy 

Ms. C.

I actually do have a library card. What does Margaret Atwood write about in her books?

October 16, 2019 7:09 pm  #6

cash wrote:

about what I expected 

Does she have a show on CKNT?

October 17, 2019 12:25 pm  #7

NW wrote:

cash wrote:

about what I expected 

Does she have a show on CKNT?

I think she might. I recall her giving out a phone number where the first caller would win a book, then calling in. The phone rang and rang and rang - no answer. A few minutes later, at 3:35 pm, she gave the time, 6:35. I can't remember which day I was listening, or what day that particular show might have originally aired, or whether there was a disclaimer at the start that this show was a repeat and so listeners should not call. I think at some point around sunset, WFIR from Roanoke Virginia cut in and the programming became more local in nature. Anyhow, I ended up buying her book, which is fair and reasonable - a writer has to put food on the table, after all. But the experience of phoning in when no one would take my call put me off, so I did not request a station QSL.