sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2024 11:12 pm  #1

Guess Who Called Me

Numeris

They wanted to know if I would participate in their spring radio survey again this year 
It's the third time I've been asked to take part
First time was more than 40 year ago with BBM
Answered a few questions on the phone & was told my bride & I would both be getting some paper work to fill out

Told the Numeris rep that I'm an avid radio listener. Don't know how often he hears that these days! 

Looking forward to rewarding my favourite radio hosts with some love  

March 23, 2024 12:38 am  #2

Re: Guess Who Called Me

Several years ago I was asked to do the same thing. I filled out the booklet every day and sent it back. I think I got paid $5 for my trouble.

March 23, 2024 3:50 am  #3

mace wrote:

Several years ago I was asked to do the same thing. I filled out the booklet every day and sent it back. I think I got paid $5 for my trouble.

Lucky you! All I got was a $2 coin for all my effort a good 10 or so years ago. 

I wish they'd call me again.  I wouldn't mind doing it again some time.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 23, 2024 11:17 am  #4

I got a proper 50¢ piece for filling out a diary in the early '80s. I got called again in '06 or '07 but honestly admitted I couldn't participate as I worked in the industry. Ditched my landline shortly after that so haven't heard from Numeris since.

March 23, 2024 11:21 am  #5

Binson Echorec wrote:

I got a proper 50¢ piece for filling out a diary in the early '80s. I got called again in '06 or '07 but honestly admitted I couldn't participate as I worked in the industry. Ditched my landline shortly after that so haven't heard from Numeris since.

How do they get representative samples for listener ratings these days given the dying nature of landlines (and, in part, resulting skewed age groups)?

March 23, 2024 11:37 am  #6

Saul wrote:

Binson Echorec wrote:

How do they get representative samples for listener ratings these days given the dying nature of landlines (and, in part, resulting skewed age groups)?

They also recruit via mobile numbers, just not to an adequate degree.

March 23, 2024 11:53 am  #7

RadioAaron wrote:

They also recruit via mobile numbers, just not to an adequate degree.

If they did reach the landline-less generation(s), they might be very significantly the wiser. They'd get a lot of people who have no real affinity for radio as a medium, and that might tell them something. That's supposing they asked the right kinds of questions. And that in turn is supposing they had some kind of vision.

Last edited by Saul (March 23, 2024 11:55 am)