sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2024 5:16 pm  #2

Re: Rebel News David Menzies arrested

Oh no. Anyway...

January 9, 2024 6:53 pm  #3

"News"

January 9, 2024 7:47 pm  #4

This nut job gets put in cuffs every couple of years. I read Rebel has "retained lawyers" which is probably just their burned out ambulance chasing founder Ezra Lavant. They will crowd fund for Menzie's "defense". Let the grift begin.

January 9, 2024 8:28 pm  #5

The charges were dropped almost immediately.  I am sure David will be on Fox News tonight yapping about the sad state of democracy in Canada.  Hannity and the former Tucker Carlson had him on a fair bit. 

January 9, 2024 9:33 pm  #6

paterson1 wrote:

The charges were dropped almost immediately.  I am sure David will be on Fox News tonight yapping about the sad state of democracy in Canada.  Hannity and the former Tucker Carlson had him on a fair bit. 

Ah yes, an inside job to raise his profile

January 9, 2024 10:34 pm  #7

Rebel News is not news.  It is a far right wing provocateur website that is a product of the failed SUN TV news network headed by the arguably sociopathic Ezra Levant.
Menzies has a record of Anti Muslim hate.
He is known to the RCMP and other law enforcement organizations.
He is a vile individual.
The idea that Pierre Poilievre is coming to his defence as a persecuted "journalist" is further proof of the Conservative leader's own extremist leanings and malicious misinformation campaign a la Trump.
But it is also a shame that an RCMP officer appeared to set Menzies up for a brief arrest
I think that was an error in judgement that has only given fuel to the anti Muslim racist moron and his horrid organization.

January 10, 2024 12:29 am  #8

newsguy1 wrote:

Rebel News is not news.  It is a far right wing provocateur website that is a product of the failed SUN TV news network headed by the arguably sociopathic Ezra Levant.
Menzies has a record of Anti Muslim hate.
He is known to the RCMP and other law enforcement organizations.
He is a vile individual.
The idea that Pierre Poilievre is coming to his defence as a persecuted "journalist" is further proof of the Conservative leader's own extremist leanings and malicious misinformation campaign a la Trump.
But it is also a shame that an RCMP officer appeared to set Menzies up for a brief arrest
I think that was an error in judgement that has only given fuel to the anti Muslim racist moron and his horrid organization.

Hear hear!

January 10, 2024 12:31 am  #9

I’d be willing to bet that Rebel had the grifting website set up even before the incident happened.

January 10, 2024 9:06 am  #10

Years ago David "Menzoid" Menzies was an occasional panelist on John Oakley's morning show & proved every appearance what a Grade A A-hole he was .. just a belligerent, loud-mouthed boor.

January 10, 2024 1:44 pm  #11

g121 wrote:

Years ago David "Menzoid" Menzies was an occasional panelist on John Oakley's morning show & proved every appearance what a Grade A A-hole he was .. just a belligerent, loud-mouthed boor.

Somewhat inexplicably (or not depending on your stance) - Oakley had this agitator on again yesterday...and once again, I feel he proved your assessment to be accurate.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (January 10, 2024 1:45 pm)

January 10, 2024 2:30 pm  #12

Binson Echorec wrote:

g121 wrote:

Somewhat inexplicably (or not depending on your stance) - Oakley had this agitator on again yesterday...and once again, I feel he proved your assessment to be accurate.

That's low even for Oakley.