sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2023 2:59 pm  #1

CBC -- WTF??

During outgoing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's 30 minute news conference today in San Francisco questions were asked & answered in both french and english.

No surprise there.

However someone at CBC forgot that this is how JT's news conferences operate and forgot to hire a translator meaning that his french spoken comments went with NO english translation.

CTV News Network was on the ball and provided the full service to its viewers

I'm wondering just how much scrambling there was behind the scenes at CBC when they realized their situation?

Did someone get their ass cursed out? It is a pretty major mistake.

And speaking of "ass" did anyone see Gavin Newsome and Trudeau earlier this week? They stopped just short of playing grab ass. 

Those two make me nauseous.

Last edited by unclefester (November 17, 2023 4:48 pm)

November 17, 2023 4:19 pm  #2

Re: CBC -- WTF??

Regardless, the man has GOT to go. 

November 17, 2023 9:39 pm  #3

markow202 wrote:

Regardless, the man has GOT to go. 

The person in Charge is always the problem. Never anyone else. Remember that when those idiot conservatives take over. They can't even handle a province, let alone a country.  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 18, 2023 2:34 am  #4

unclefester wrote:

Outgoing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

The ridiculousness of this board never ceases to amaze me.  The consensus is that we’re two years from an election and you choose “outgoing” as a descriptor?

I hope none of you ever slanted the facts this badly back when people cared about your opinions.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (November 18, 2023 2:40 am)

November 18, 2023 4:39 am  #5

The Conservatives always underestimate Trudeau, and always end up humiliated by him. Remember that hilarious boxing fight where the Cons thought Trudeau would get knocked on his butt and instead JT sent their guy down to the mat in laughably embarassing fashion with little effort? Sun News sure does, they shut up really fast after that bout and then thankfully their "news station" went away a few years later to no one's regret.
I'm not even a big fan of JT, but I'll take him over any Conservative nutbar leader (Harper, Pollievre, Danielle Smith, etc).  The crazies are all on the right, both here and down south.

November 18, 2023 7:36 am  #6

unclefester wrote:

During outgoing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's 30 minute news conference today in San Francisco questions were asked & answered in both french and english.

I missed the news conference.   Did the PM answer any questons about Bell's sale of CKWW, CHAM and CKOC?  And what has Pollievre had to say about CKDX becoming "Hot Country 88.5"?

November 18, 2023 2:05 pm  #7

Maybo wrote:

Another thread going down the rabbit hole of political fighting. The left sucks; the right are idiots. I’m getting tired of it nationally and especially on this board.

It's primarily the same poster who starts it .. 

November 18, 2023 2:38 pm  #8

Mr. and Mrs. Front Porch aka your average Canadian rarely votes "FOR" someone. The majority of the time it is to vote someone out. When Doug Ford was first elected, it had little to do with his platform. The electorate had tired of the Kathleen Wynne Liberals and nothing she said or did was going to keep her party in office. Federally, the same thing will eventually happen. PP will be elected PM, not because people like him or his policies. Simply because they have had enough of Justin.

November 18, 2023 6:48 pm  #9

Maybo wrote:

Another thread going down the rabbit hole of political fighting. The left sucks; the right are idiots. I’m getting tired of it nationally and especially on this board.

Yes, I tend to agree. I've been offline most of the day and didn't see this thing growing. I don't object to politics here, per se, but usually it should be in the context of a policy, like Bill C-11, which affects broadcasting. I have my own opinions about JT, but I don't express them here. There are a ton of other places to do that. Let's try and keep this media related, if possible. 

(That said, I dread to see what happens here when an election is finally called!)