sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2023 9:30 pm  #1

Pat Sajak Will Retire From Wheel Of Fortune After Next Season

He's been doing it for 41 years and next season will be his last. He's made so much money at the gig, he can finally afford to buy a vowel...

Pat Sajak Leaving Wheel of Fortune After 41 Seasons 

June 12, 2023 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Pat Sajak Will Retire From Wheel Of Fortune After Next Season

I wonder if Maggie Sajak would take his place. We sometimes see her at the end of every episode.

June 13, 2023 10:49 am  #3

Apparently, Ryan Seacrest is in the producers' #1 pick as a replacement. As if he doesn't have enough to do. 

Ryan Seacrest ‘In Talks’ to Replace Pat Sajak as ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Host 

June 14, 2023 10:59 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

Apparently, Ryan Seacrest is in the producers' #1 pick as a replacement. As if he doesn't have enough to do. 

Ryan Seacrest ‘In Talks’ to Replace Pat Sajak as ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Host 

Hopefully there will be far less drama than the replacement of Alex Trebek.

June 14, 2023 11:17 am  #5

Add Whoopi Goldberg to the list as well... she put her name forward yesterday to be the future host of WoF.

June 14, 2023 1:50 pm  #6

Glen Warren wrote:

Add Whoopi Goldberg to the list as well... she put her name forward yesterday to be the future host of WoF.

If I had to choose between Ryan and Whoopi, it would be Ryan. I find Whoopi incredibly annoying.

June 14, 2023 7:29 pm  #7

I read somewhere that the entire season is taped in just 6 weeks. After that, Pat and Vanna go on an extended promotional tour. Those quick clips at the end of the show are from that tour. It will be a sweet gig for someone.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

June 15, 2023 5:06 am  #8

mace wrote:

Glen Warren wrote:

If I had to choose between Ryan and Whoopi, it would be Ryan. I find Whoopi incredibly annoying.

Reverse the names, and I'd agree. I don't think Whoopi would be a good choice, though. I do like the idea of someone that has some comedic chops to keep the show light. Amazing how Sajak grew into that part. He was just horrible those first years, and now I can't picture anyone as good to replace him.

June 15, 2023 5:07 pm  #9

I'm surprised Vanna White isn't being considered.

June 15, 2023 5:10 pm  #10

Colin wrote:

Amazing how Sajak grew into that part. He was just horrible those first years, and now I can't picture anyone as good to replace him.

Anyone remember Sajak's disastrous attempt to become the next Johnny Carson as CBS's pre-Letterman attempt to join the late night talk show circuit?

June 15, 2023 5:53 pm  #11

Hansa wrote:

Colin wrote:

Amazing how Sajak grew into that part. He was just horrible those first years, and now I can't picture anyone as good to replace him.

Anyone remember Sajak's disastrous attempt to become the next Johnny Carson as CBS's pre-Letterman attempt to join the late night talk show circuit?

I'm sure CBS would like to forget it!

June 15, 2023 9:21 pm  #12

Tom Scott was bandleader of both the Pat Sajak Show and another late night bomb, the Chevy Chase Show.

June 15, 2023 9:26 pm  #13

Sajak was fine as a game show host, but he's no Bill Cullen!

June 19, 2023 7:48 am  #14

Sajak's a bit of a crank. I expect he'll get a platform on Fox News or one of the fringe far right platforms to expound on his views

June 20, 2023 10:03 am  #15

Before the invention of The Wheel:

(Images courtesy: Radio Timeline on Facebook)

July 12, 2023 7:43 pm  #16

I noticed tonight that Pat is back to getting close and interacting with contestants at the end of the show. He has kept his distance the last few seasons. And the contestants don't use a device to spin the wheel anymore. Back to the way it was pre-covid.