sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2023 6:22 am  #1

Any of these 10 songs still getting radio play today?

Are any of these songs still getting radio play today?

#2 has already been discussed over and over, but I could have sworn I heard  #8 played last Christmas...?

TOP 10 hit songs that got CANCELLED. Here's why... 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 23, 2023 6:52 am  #2

Re: Any of these 10 songs still getting radio play today?

Unfortunately, there are quite a few people who get offended and outraged by everything that happens or has happened in life.

April 23, 2023 11:44 am  #3

Other than number #10, all of these songs are still played on the radio.  Some of them not often (Fat Bottom Girls and It's Raining Men since they are almost considered novelty songs) but I still hear all the others.  Under My Thumb is a double hit with both the Stones and Streetheart's version. 

April 23, 2023 12:34 pm  #4

It's an interesting enough video, but it loses some credibility with me right off the top, when the narrator talks about song #10 being based on a book by "Albert Camus," which he pronounces as "Albert Cam-muss." 

Anyone familiar with the author knows it's pronounced "Albere Cam-moo," since he was from France. And he's pretty famous, so there's no reason to get that wrong unless the writer and announcer had no idea who he was. Which sounds like a pretty good bet. Still, "Stranger" things have happened!  

April 23, 2023 1:24 pm  #5

"Anyone familiar with the author knows it's pronounced "Albere Cam-moo," since he was from France. And he's pretty famous, so there's no reason to get that wrong unless the writer and announcer had no idea who he was."

After a couple of listens, I want to think this voice over is an AI creation...and the name "Cam-ooo" is not in it's audio file. Hence, the dumbing down of communication and information continues in 'Murica.

Last edited by BossRadio (April 23, 2023 1:25 pm)

April 23, 2023 1:35 pm  #6

If that's true, it's just another sign AI isn't ready for primetime. I can't believe there isn't a pronouncer somewhere on the Internet (like the Wikipedia page, where it's broken into phonetics) that the thing couldn't have tapped into to get it right. 

How ironic if it was a robot that Camus was into existentialism, defined as "exploring questions related to the meaning, purpose, and value of human existence." Which clearly no AI could really be expected to understand! 

But enough about philosophy. I haven't used any of that since high school and frankly, it's not a path I want to journey down again!

April 23, 2023 1:59 pm  #7

The narrator needs to read more Reen Des kart iss.
He should also take a look at some art by Kload Monnett.
Take a lesson from former Quebec premier Reen Leveskyoo. 

April 23, 2023 9:26 pm  #8

The narrator also talks about the importance on not making "assumptions and jidgements" around the 2:00 mark. 

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

April 24, 2023 12:42 am  #9

It's a voice to text feature obviously created before the newest batch of AI voice generators came out.  When you're using them you have to spell a lot of things phonetically, but they all sound more natural than this.

April 24, 2023 2:32 am  #10

It must not be forgotten that a main writer for It's Raining Men is Paul Shaffer. Yes the Canadian Paul Shaffer. 

As for each song - music is subjective and ears hear each in many ways. 

April 24, 2023 11:29 am  #11

In an episode of The Simpsons Homer gets kicked out of Moe's bar.
Moe tells him he is even removing Homer's favourite song from the juke bx, to which Homer gasps, "It's Raining Men?!!!)