sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2022 5:31 pm  #1

Bell Plans Sponsor Surprise If Canada Ever Scores A Goal At World Cup

They've done a deal with Frito-Lay to actually interrupt shows to make a special "breaking news" announcement should this country finally put one past a goalkeeper.

"17 Bell Media radio stations across the country will simultaneously interrupt programming with “breaking news” and a Frito-Lay tag to announce a Canadian goal, with instantaneous supplementary support across stations’ social media channels."

OK, I guess, but if I were interested in the outcome of the game, I probably wouldn't be listening to one of those 17 Bell stations - I'd be watching it on TSN or CTV or listening to it on the radio. In any event, as most now know, they didn't get the chance on Wednesday. It will have to wait until the next game against Croatia on Nov. 27th.

They outline the strategy here

November 23, 2022 8:43 pm  #2

Re: Bell Plans Sponsor Surprise If Canada Ever Scores A Goal At World Cup

zzzzzzzzzz

November 23, 2022 10:14 pm  #3

Now if they were also giving away bags and bags of no longer available in Canada regular Bugles corn snacks, I'd be keen.

November 23, 2022 10:25 pm  #4

betaylored wrote:

Now if they were also giving away bags and bags of no longer available in Canada regular Bugles corn snacks, I'd be keen.

oooooh bugles!  i thought i was the only one keen!  that makes me more excited than a Canadian soccer goal

November 23, 2022 10:25 pm  #5

I thought doing a fake news broadcast as part of a commercial was illegal.

November 24, 2022 9:58 am  #6

Too bad I guess if one is taping the game to enjoy later. Some work - at work, during the day

November 24, 2022 10:10 am  #7

andysradio wrote:

Too bad I guess if one is taping the game to enjoy later. Some work - at work, during the day

If you have a radio station playing music in your office building during the day, hopefully, it's not one owned by Bell.