sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2022 9:24 am  #2

Re: Shurman Unlimited podcast

Great podcast Peter, congratulations.  Miss hearing you on the radio.

August 30, 2022 9:37 am  #3

Good day to all of you SOWNY people. Centreline posted a YouTube link here for my podcast yesterday. Not much activity on the post other than Paterson1 complimenting it. However, downloads in the first 24 hours online were at record levels…the podcast is much like what those who know me recall from radio. I talk about current news, comment on it, and there are no restrictions as would apply to broadcast material so it’s more genuinely me. I appreciate the downloads as it helps me grow and hopefully entertains. You can sign up for auto-downloads on any platform…the podcast name to search for is SHURMAN UNLIMITED. As the outro says ‘if you like it tell a friend, if you REALLY like it, tell 3 friends, and if you don’t like it, tell 3 enemies’. Best to everyone! /ps

August 30, 2022 9:48 am  #4

Good luck with the podcast Mr. Shurman. I, for one, miss hearing you on the radio and given how 640 is so often scrambling for fill-ins these days, they probably miss you, too.

The issue that ushered you out of there was ridiculous and there was really nothing wrong with what you said to that guest. But as Aldous Huxley might observe, "This is the Brave New World we live in."

Now where did I put my bottle of Soma?

August 30, 2022 9:53 am  #5

I enjoyed my time at 640 and still have zero clue why that nonsense evoked a reaction. No one I knew who heard it ever concluded anything butt what you did…but most of my friends and contacts look at life fluidly and are not woke. Thanks, old friend!

Last edited by shurmanator (August 30, 2022 10:00 am)

August 30, 2022 10:32 am  #6

Peter, I was listening that day, I thought the lady in question had a chip on her shoulder right from the beginning of the segment. I am not a podcast listener, I do most of my radio time while driving, but I wish you the best going forward and I add my name to those who miss you on the air. 

August 30, 2022 10:52 am  #7

That is kind of you ‘mic’em’….the incident is lost in the annals of history now (except for radio aficionados). With radio in its present state, I seldom listen except for a bit of Moore and Oakley and (basically) nothing else. You really should check out podcasts….there are hundreds of thousands of them and on any subject imaginable. They download automatically and alert you. And if your car has Apple CarPlay or the Android equivalent, all the info comes on screen and you play it using your car’s controls…the sound is spectacular. Podcasts have become my choice, notably for lengthy drives.

Last edited by shurmanator (August 30, 2022 10:52 am)

August 30, 2022 10:58 am  #8

Yes, thank you, I am aware of the technology, I just don't have the inclination yet to use it, when I can just hit a button in the truck and listen to talk or music without having to search for anything. Call me lazy I guess. I don't even have bluetooth hooked up, or even how to use it yet. My son is going to educate me next time he is home for visit. 

September 5, 2022 3:05 pm  #9

So many of you checked out my podcast last week, I'm just letting you know a new episode is online at all podcast sites (sign up free) or on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgCPVNWJj8Y -- thanks to all for your interest!

September 11, 2022 3:58 pm  #10

Episode (31) SHURMAN UNLIMITED is online on all podcast platforms. Pierre Poilievre won the Conservative Party leadership in a walk -- 68% of the vote. Brilliant speech, amazing hidden asset in his wife. Can he win? Peter thinks so. No eulogizing...we can't compete. But Former British PM Boris Johnson hit it out of the park in speaking of Her Late Majesty in the British Parliament. And we record the passing of the last leader of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev. Any podcast platform OR:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA0ELL6Lpgo

September 11, 2022 5:08 pm  #11

PP's aim is true.

September 12, 2022 12:49 am  #12

I'd like to know when he became a friend to the working class.  Last February?
He was anti-worker when he made it harder to unionize as Harper's Employment Minister, among other pro-big business decisions.  

September 12, 2022 8:00 am  #13

We can deal with the finer points of PP or his warts anytime…but if the decision is between  him and JT, as friend of the working man and his ever growing carbon tax, I’ll take the guy who came from nothing, became an MP at age 23, but before that racked up a few million as an entrepreneur. This is not a political debate board but I examine questions like yours regularly on my podcast.

September 12, 2022 8:38 am  #14

Yes, I, too, would like to keep the politics to a minimum here, even though I'm occasionally guilty of dipping into that trough.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but unless it's about how it affects broadcasting, this isn't the place for it. Just like you wouldn't go on the Oldies Board and start discussing, say, rising inflation. Great and important topic, but just not the right venue for it. 

So thanks for your understanding and your "vote" of confidence. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. 

September 12, 2022 11:27 am  #15

Well, as the admin of The Oldies Music Board, I have to comment on this. Not only do I agree with you, but recently I saw someone make a comment about inflation on another oldies board that took an otherwise worthwhile post off the rails. He said it wasn't political, but several people who responded felt that it was. Oh, and one other thing -- he's the moderator. Very ironic that most other people there have the good sense to not mention anything that's political in nature unless it has some direct relevance to oldies music or artists, but he doesn't. 

September 22, 2022 7:44 pm  #16

Episode 32 of SHURMAN UNLIMITED is now on line for those who wish to listen or follow... available on all podcast platforms or here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3Da7Ne6PM&t=18s

February 6, 2023 10:41 pm  #17

What happened to this podcast?  Is it over?