sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2022 2:55 pm  #1

What Were The Top 3 TV Shows The Year You Were Born?

If you came into the world in the 50s, chances are it was either I Love Lucy or a Western!

Most popular TV shows the year you were born

May 23, 2022 6:57 am  #2

Re: What Were The Top 3 TV Shows The Year You Were Born?

1953 was my year. Interesting that I Love Lucy never finished lower than #3 in its six years on CBS. It is also one of only three series to finish at #1 in its final season. [Andy Griffith and Seinfeld are the other two]  Also, Bonanza exploded in season three. 1961 was the year NBC moved the Western to its most remembered 9pm Sunday timeslot. It's first two seasons were Saturdays at 7:30pm to help sell RCA colour television sets. However, most viewers were watching Perry Mason on CBS.

May 23, 2022 9:01 am  #3

The year I was born, the top three shows, whatever they were,would have to have been radio shows. Shows like Jack Benny, The Lone Ranger or Fibber McGee and Molly.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

May 29, 2022 10:08 am  #4

Another fun list: What were the top three songs of the summer the year you graduated high school? The list was determined by a special Billboard ranking of the tunes that were out during the warmer months. 

Song of the summer the year you graduated from high school

May 29, 2022 10:36 am  #5

Class of 2001, Peterborough... list says Usher, Eve/Gwen Stefani, and Lifehouse, but based on my radio listening that summer, just prior to heading off to college, some candidates for the top three might be Sugar Ray's "When It's Over", Wave's "California", and Smash Mouth's rendition of The Monkees' "I'm A Believer" for the first "Shrek" soundtrack.

May 29, 2022 10:48 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Another fun list: What were the top three songs of the summer the year you graduated high school? The list was determined by a special Billboard ranking of the tunes that were out during the warmer months. 

Song of the summer the year you graduated from high school

1964: ‘Where Did Our Love Go’– #1: “Where Did Our Love Go” by The Supremes
– #2: “I Get Around” by The Beach Boys
– #3: “Everybody Loves Somebody” by Dean Martin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

May 29, 2022 11:18 am  #7

hhhmm...maybe today's music isn't so bad after all.  Here from Spotify are the top ten songs for the summer of 1974, the year I graduated from high school.   A few that are ok but a lot of schlock too!!  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37cWafkkHlkui9t5ISltEf

May 29, 2022 1:04 pm  #8

The Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers.

I would assume these three were also top in Canada at the time.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (May 29, 2022 1:06 pm)

May 29, 2022 1:37 pm  #9

Laugh-In, Gomer Pyle USMC, Bonanza

Last edited by Hansa (May 29, 2022 1:37 pm)