sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2022 9:44 pm  #1

the one & only Law and Order returns for 21rst season

https://people.com/tv/sam-waterston-returns-to-law-and-order-in-first-teaser-for-nbc-revival/

with all the cruddy reboots (Fantasy Island, Gossip Girl etc.) it's sure going to be good to settle back in front of the television, hear the famous "in the criminal justice system.." intro and watch Sam Waterston reprise his role as Jack McCoy

guessing Chris Noth will not be making an appearance tho which is a shame

2022 just got a whole lot better.
⚖️👮👨‍⚖️

January 22, 2022 9:59 pm  #2

Re: the one & only Law and Order returns for 21rst season

One of my favourite bits of trivia - that infamous "In the criminal justice system" spiel is voiced by a guy named Steve Zirnkilton. Not sure if he gets residuals from that pronouncement, but if so, he probably never has to work again. Here he is in a promo takeoff on that intro.

January 23, 2022 9:20 am  #3

I'm surprised no network has launched an all Law & Order Channel
All L&O plus spin-offs

January 23, 2022 4:47 pm  #4

SVU will remain in production until at least the end of the 2022-23 season.

January 23, 2022 10:54 pm  #5

Having Sam Waterston return as Jack McCoy is worth the price of admission. I love watching him get all fired up in the courtroom.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...If you enjoy hearing the same 200 songs over and over again...listen to the other guys!

January 24, 2022 5:10 pm  #6

Centerline wrote:

I'm surprised no network has launched an all Law & Order Channel

All L&O plus spin-offs

I would definitely subscribe to a smorgasbord L&O channel Centerline.

I remember a decade or two ago, during January and February the A&E channel and then Bravo used to do non stop marathons of nothing but Law and Order that would last for days and days. Good times.

I could go for a Sam Waterston channel. Law and Order, The Newsroom and Grace and Frankie 24/7. Yes please!

Last edited by betaylored (January 24, 2022 5:14 pm)

January 24, 2022 6:35 pm  #7

I recall my daughter and her husband watching a 24-hour all-law&order channel on the cable system in Lima Peru.  I don't know who the service provider of the channel was - so in some countries 24/7 L&O channels are up and running.   FYI WPXJ Buffalo (ch. 51) is all SVU on Saturdays.   I believe the shows start at 9 a.m. and run until midnight every Saturday.  I have a digital pvr that records them.  It recorded 11 episodes this past Saturday.   

January 24, 2022 7:03 pm  #8

Show is on so many OTA channels you could almost watch it 24/7 

January 25, 2022 12:17 am  #9

The W network airs SVU daily, and CHEK Victoria airs original L&O daily as well. I’m not sure if Rogers in Toronto still carries it but I know they used to.

January 25, 2022 12:38 am  #10

The first 13 or 14 seasons of Law & Order have not been available on cable in the GTA for many years.  Yes TV runs a few of the later seasons;  Mondays & Tuesdays at midnight.

I was a dedicated viewer back then;  when A &E would air them daily.

Last edited by Media Observer (February 1, 2022 12:39 pm)

January 25, 2022 9:04 am  #11

RadioActive wrote:

One of my favourite bits of trivia - that infamous "In the criminal justice system" spiel is voiced by a guy named Steve Zirnkilton. Not sure if he gets residuals from that pronouncement, but if so, he probably never has to work again. Here he is in a promo takeoff on that intro.

Before he got the Law & Order voiceover gig, according to the website Looper, he served four terms in the Maine State House of Representatives.                                                                                                                                      One other tidbit. The original title was to be Law & Order: Sex Crimes. It was changed to SVU to appease NBC's Department of Standards and Practices and the NYPD actually does have a Special Victims Unit.