sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 7, 2021 2:15 pm  #1

Did Your Atomic Clocks Make the Change to Standard Time?

I have two small desk clocks and one wall clock, all made by Sharp. The desk clocks had already adjusted when I got up this morning, but not the wall clock.

At 11:30 AM, i noticed that it too had changed. 

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 7, 2021 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Did Your Atomic Clocks Make the Change to Standard Time?

All is well here. Thankfully Rogers knows when clocks go back, unlike Bell & Telus! lol 
https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7015

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 7, 2021 6:17 pm  #3

Years ago, I bought a cute little battery operated atomic alarm clock at a surplus store.  All you had to do is set the time zone and it got the time from WWV.  I was only able to make it work by placing it outside for a few hours because there was just too much RF interference from all the electronic junk on my office to be able to get WWV.

Probably why I picked it up for a couple of bucks at a discount store.

But honestly, I've been using the "www.time.is" website (courtesy if IG in another thread) and absolutely love it.

Last edited by Peter the K (November 7, 2021 6:18 pm)

November 7, 2021 7:04 pm  #4

There's a station in Toronto that sends out a time signal to set radios' clocks, but I guess it's a neglected feature, and the time is significantly wrong. I haven't figured out which one yet as I don't notice until I've scanned away. Popping on WTSS for 20 seconds does reset the clock to the correct time, though.

November 7, 2021 8:40 pm  #5

My wife's Samsung didn't.  My iPhone did.

November 7, 2021 10:53 pm  #6

The home atomic clocks are calibrated by a long wave signal emitted from Boulder CO synched with a real atomic clock

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 8, 2021 7:52 am  #7

Peter the K wrote:

Years ago, I bought a cute little battery operated atomic alarm clock at a surplus store.  All you had to do is set the time zone and it got the time from WWV.  I was only able to make it work by placing it outside for a few hours because there was just too much RF interference from all the electronic junk on my office to be able to get WWV.

Probably why I picked it up for a couple of bucks at a discount store.

But honestly, I've been using the "www.time.is" website (courtesy if IG in another thread) and absolutely love it.

I checked out the "www.time.is" website. The clock on my laptop, pvr and smartphone all changed the time at precisely the correct second. Very cool!

November 8, 2021 9:04 am  #8

All 3 of my atomic clocks changed - regrettably.

sigh