sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 27, 2021 9:14 am  #1

Gurdeep

Last week it was Pooja resigning from the CP24 Morning show.  This morning it's Gurdeep.  Are they going to the same place?

August 27, 2021 9:36 am  #2

Re: Gurdeep

My question isn't so much where he's going as why. Was it his choice - or Pooja's - to leave? That's the headline I'd like this news service to provide. 

August 27, 2021 4:12 pm  #3

And where's Mika Midolo?

August 27, 2021 4:19 pm  #4

Centerline wrote:

And where's Mika Midolo?

She's still on the station's official bio page, which means she's still with CP24.

August 27, 2021 4:22 pm  #5

I’ve been asking the Mika question for a month.  No one seems to know.  Just don’t fire George.  I went to the page RA.  Dixon is not on the page; but apparently he’s taking Gurdeeps place.

Last edited by John D (August 27, 2021 4:24 pm)

August 27, 2021 5:08 pm  #6

The bio page is never up to date. And you can only get to it if you google it. Why isn't there a link on the website?

Last edited by Brad (August 27, 2021 5:09 pm)

August 27, 2021 5:19 pm  #7

I wasn't aware that the Bio page wasn't up to date. I'm wondering if those mysterious 27 layoffs at Bell earlier this month - details of which have still not leaked out - are part of this. At what point will Bell lay off so many people they won't have enough personnel to run any of their departments?

Don't laugh - that actually happened at Rogers. They went through a few big job cut rounds about a decade ago, and they fired so many staffers at City TV that they were forced to take at least a few of them back - including the now retired Pam Seatle. 

August 29, 2021 11:55 pm  #8

Global seems to be the safe bet. And I assume it's the national show, not the Toronto one. Didn't they just hire a new co-host for Robart for the local show? McArthur still has his radio show to do, McKenzie would be the odd one out.

August 31, 2021 6:21 am  #9

Brad wrote:

Global seems to be the safe bet. And I assume it's the national show, not the Toronto one. Didn't they just hire a new co-host for Robart for the local show? McArthur still has his radio show to do, McKenzie would be the odd one out.

Global recently hired Candace Daniel from CKVR for the local morning news. The Morning Show seems to be working with Jeff and Caroline so I doubt it’s for that. Maybe Global is adding some exclusive programming to its streaming news services. They are already running a weekend morning show that airs only on those streaming channels.