sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2021 11:17 am  #1

CHIN Host Goes On Egotistical Rant After Being Left Out Of Eulogy

I rarely listen to CHIN, of course, but I was curious to tune in The Zelda Young Show on Monday, to hear what she might say about the passing of a local Ottawa Rabbi named Reuven Bulka, who was famous for his Remembrance Day addresses, representing Canada's Jewish Community. 

You may not have seen it or read it, but he was well known enough that his death garnered stories in newspapers and TV newscasts across the country. 

Zelda, whom I've written about before in less than flattering terms, used to have Bulka on her Sunday show on CHIN-AM for several years. And I was curious about her thoughts on his loss. 

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting this. She began her show by noting his death and his CHIN appearances, and then launched into a two-or-three-minute rant about how the late religious leader's family never mentioned her in their tributes, how she never gets any credit for her show, and how angry she was that her "contributions" weren't recognized and never are. "C'mon people!" she shouted. "Give a little credit."

Hmm. A revered man dies and most of her response is about how wonderful she is and why she wasn't noted in the eulogy. 

The ego of this woman is simply appalling. But given her past statements, it's not in the least bit surprising. What a jerk! 

June 28, 2021 12:07 pm  #2

Re: CHIN Host Goes On Egotistical Rant After Being Left Out Of Eulogy

To be fair, you would expect a parson's family to acknowledge a goddess. 

June 28, 2021 1:17 pm  #3

Hansa wrote:

To be fair, you would expect a parson's family to acknowledge a goddess. 

What a great and appropriate line!

Evan Solomon paid tribute to the late rabbi on his own national iHeart show Monday and the difference couldn't be more stark - he was eloquent and heartfelt, as well as very sad, praising the man for his innate goodness and talking about what a difference he made to his community and Canada. Not a word about his own ego or how it would affect his show. 

Talk about a contrast in professionalism. Now that's how you do a tribute to someone. 

June 28, 2021 2:29 pm  #4

RA, I'm impressed that you actually listen to Zelda. I'm Jewish and cannot even stomach 10 seconds of her show.

June 28, 2021 3:02 pm  #5

She sometimes has pretty good guests who are knowledgeable about events in the Middle East. She doesn't seem to have knowledge about anything, although goes out of her way to tell you how smart she thinks she is. I don't listen often. But as noted, I wanted to see what she would say about this rabbi's passing. I'm almost sorry I did and I can't unhear someone that tone deaf.