sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2021 9:28 pm  #1

Have You Had Your Second Shot Yet?

Not broadcast related, but we did talk about the COVI|D vaccines back in April a lot.  Have most of you had your second shot yet, or coming up soon?  I was to have my second on August 8 but rebooked last week and now I will get it this Saturday June 26th.  Big improvement and about 6 weeks sooner than the original. 

Waterloo Region has been a bit of a hot spot over the past week, so they are really pushing for people to get the second and rebook if they already had a date.  I could have got it even sooner, but I opted to go to the same location as my first since they were well organized and no wait times.  Hope it is the same for jab #2!  Good luck everyone...

June 21, 2021 9:29 pm  #2

Re: Have You Had Your Second Shot Yet?

I've had both shots.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

June 21, 2021 9:31 pm  #3

july 7th 

June 21, 2021 9:35 pm  #4

We had our first Moderna shot on March 31. We had to go about 50 miles from home in Lambton County. Our second shot was scheduled for July 21 at the same location.

Today, when I was at our pharmacy picking up prescriptions, they had a sign inviting people to book their shots right in that store. I asked how soon they could accomodate my wife and I and she booked us in for this Wednesday at noon.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

June 21, 2021 9:54 pm  #5

yup

2 shots of AZ

June 21, 2021 10:08 pm  #6

Yep.

Received first shot of AZ and second one was Pfizer.  Both at local Shoppers Drug and last one was just a couple of days after phoning in for appointment..

June 21, 2021 10:09 pm  #7

Mine was originally scheduled for Aug. 9, a couple of weeks ago I was able to move it up to July 2, and then last Friday I was able to move it up again to June 28. Definitely pays to check as more vaccine becomes available. 

June 21, 2021 10:10 pm  #8

yep .. 
AZ jab#1 Mar14 @Loblaws
AZ jab#2 Jun05 @Rexall

*edit*
minimal side effect from jab#1 .. just a restless sleep that night
minimal side effect from jab#2 .. just a very, very low grade headache

Last edited by g121 (June 21, 2021 10:15 pm)

June 21, 2021 10:11 pm  #9

Had my second moderna shot two weeks ago, and it kicked my derriere so hard for five days with migraines and body aches and chills.

With all the side effects as ugly as they were, I felt like a modern medical miracle and very grateful, so many, including a few people I know, didn't survive to even get the vaccine.

Tho John Moore reported this morning on-air that he just got the second jab with nothing but a sore arm to show for it.

It still amazes me how Dolly Parton funded the creation of the moderna vaccine shot...

All the terrific people who make up the Vaccine Hunters organization need to be awarded the Order of Canada 🇨🇦 💉👏👏👏

Last edited by betaylored (June 21, 2021 10:28 pm)

June 21, 2021 10:19 pm  #10

Wife and I both got our first shot of Moderna. She had a really sore arm for a couple of days. I felt nothing. Not even tenderness around the area.

We're getting our second shot this week. I've heard that the reaction to the second shot is often worse than was the first.

June 21, 2021 10:32 pm  #11

AstraDerna.

June 22, 2021 12:06 am  #12

I'll be older but "Pfizer" next week - if they ever get more in. Otherwise, I'll be a member of the Moderna Squad. Moved up from August 3rd. 

My worry is I have a series of medical tests the day after at a clinic, where they take your temperature before letting you in as part of their screening process. I'm a bit worried if I have a reaction to dose two they may turn me away at the door. (How would you say "dose two" In Spanish? Dose dos? Seems redundant.)

Still, I'm going for it while it's there. Or as I like to facetiously say, "I agreed to testify against COVID-19, so they're giving me immunity..."

June 22, 2021 7:49 am  #13

First shot Apr 8. Second  shot June 21. Both AZ  at a small independent pharmacy Bathurst/Fairlawn. No side effects. Barely felt the needle.

June 22, 2021 8:56 am  #14

#1 AZ, #2 Pfizer

June 22, 2021 9:28 am  #15

Second shot of AZ today. Moved forward from  this date next month. 12 weeks instead of 16 weeks.Most everyone I know has had their first shot. Some have had their second  shot.

June 22, 2021 11:00 am  #16

I've already had 2 shots of Pfizer.  In the grand scheme of things it was quite an uneventful experience.  

Last edited by Peter the K (June 22, 2021 11:00 am)

June 22, 2021 1:01 pm  #17

Scheduled for June 26th.  1st AZ 2nd Either Pfizer or Moderna.  I will gladly take either.

June 22, 2021 2:20 pm  #18

Double Pfizered just now at the Keswick Arena

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

June 22, 2021 8:07 pm  #19

Yes, it'll be two weeks this Friday for the second one and then I'm free (relatively). 

June 22, 2021 8:48 pm  #20

1st Pfhizer about a month ago, eligible to move up my second dose when hotspots open up tomorrow morning.

June 23, 2021 12:49 pm  #21

Hansa wrote:

Yes, it'll be two weeks this Friday for the second one and then I'm free (relatively). 

Thanks for the two week reminder.  Just made a note in my calendar.

June 23, 2021 2:04 pm  #22

As of 12:30 PM today, i'm fully vaccinated. Got our second shots about a month ahead of our previous schedule. Went to our neighbourhood meth clinics. These clinics are popping up all over Ontario. They're small shops with  names like "Community Pharmacy" or "Neighbourhood Pharmacy." What they really are is a meth clinic disguised as a Drug Store.

Their main business is meth clinic but they also dispense prescription medications to give themselves a cloak of legitimacy.

June 24, 2021 12:50 pm  #23

2 weeks ago today, we had 2nd shot of AZ - roughly 24 hours before the powers that be, basically shot down AZ 2nd doses for anyone and recomended Phizer or Moderna.  I was feeling “buyer’s remorse” up till last night when a UK study came out (credible) that AZ is 90%+ effective for avoiding severe Covid and hospitalization from most variants including the (Indian) Delta Variant.   That’s great news for those of us who got the AZ vaccine.  No side effects whatsoever.  Tomorrow is the 15th day.   Not that we're going to raves, or Sahlen field in Buffalo...but there is some degree of liberation....even when masked

Last edited by tvguy (June 24, 2021 12:51 pm)

June 25, 2021 5:19 pm  #24

Had my second one yesterday. My wife has hers next Wednesday. 

June 26, 2021 9:42 pm  #25

Shot #2 tonight, 10 minutes ahead of schedule and again Pfizer.  Volunteers were doing a superb job and the general mood was upbeat.  One volunteer told me that the location where I got my shots had vaccinated over 50,000 people so far.  Now all we need to do is to get Waterloo Region in line with the rest of the province.  K/W and area won't be moving to level 2 on July 30th like everyone else.  Our infection rates are higher and hospitals have been moving some patients to locations like London and Guelph. But the light is absolutely in sight! 

June 27, 2021 12:57 am  #26

paterson1 wrote:

Shot #2 tonight, 10 minutes ahead of schedule and again Pfizer.  Volunteers were doing a superb job and the general mood was upbeat.  One volunteer told me that the location where I got my shots had vaccinated over 50,000 people so far.  Now all we need to do is to get Waterloo Region in line with the rest of the province.  K/W and area won't be moving to level 2 on July 30th like everyone else.  Our infection rates are higher and hospitals have been moving some patients to locations like London and Guelph. But the light is absolutely in sight! 

I thought Ford said we wouldn't be doing it region by region this time. That it would be all or nothing.

Our son and his wife live in Waterloo. They just got home two weeks ago after being stranded in Mexico since last September. Just finished their quarantine yesterday

June 27, 2021 8:53 am  #27

turkeytop wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

I thought Ford said we wouldn't be doing it region by region this time. That it would be all or nothing.

Our son and his wife live in Waterloo. They just got home two weeks ago after being stranded in Mexico since last September. Just finished their quarantine yesterday

As far as I am aware, we are the only region.  Our numbers have been really out of sync with the rest of the province for a while now. Some days we have more new cases than Toronto, however like everywhere else, the numbers are low compared to a few months ago.  But troubling, the infection rate on Friday was five times that of the rest of the province.   People here getting COVID have been those who aren't vaccinated and mostly not seniors.   Also we have a higher rate of the Delta strain than the rest of the province.  So most people here seem to be going along with the extended level 1.  Not many people complaining or upset so far, everyone just wants to get through this and get on with life. Canada Day holiday if the weather is nice will be a challenge. 

June 27, 2021 9:16 pm  #28

Here is some good news.  Toronto may have set a world record today with over 25,000 people receiving their COVID vaccination at one location, on one day.  The huge clinic was held at Scotiabank Area from 7am to 9pm today.  Well done!!  Originally they planned to break the North American record with 17,000 vaccinated, but just before 8:30 tonight passed 25,000 which may be the world record.  The clinic closed at 9pm but are still vaccinating folks that were in line.  Saw a report on CP24 and people were commenting that the whole process took about 40 minutes, so it was organized well.  
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/06/27/scotiabank-arena-mega-clinic-sets-world-record-for-one-day-covid-19-vaccinations.html

Last edited by paterson1 (June 27, 2021 9:17 pm)