sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2021 11:51 am  #1

The next host of Jeopardy is?

Ken Jennings finishes his run as an interim host on Jeopardy tonight and then they will go to a number guest hosts that include Green Bay Packer QB, Aaron Rodgers. 

Personally, I really came to enjoy Jennings. He is affable, knowledgeable and a very capable full time host. I hope they decide on him to be permanent. 

In the meantime it is going to be a bit of a revolving door for interim hosts, that include, actors/actresses, journalists, and pro football players.

Here is the link to the read.

https://www.today.com/popculture/ken-jennings-jeopardy-hosting-gig-comes-end-here-s-who-t209377

Who would you like to see? Does Jennings get your nod? 

Share away!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 19, 2021 1:06 pm  #2

Re: The next host of Jeopardy is?

If they were to choose a Canadian for the gig, who do you think would be a good candidate? 

February 19, 2021 1:15 pm  #3

I think that Anderson Cooper would make a good host, but I don't want that to take away from his storm chasing on CNN.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 19, 2021 2:39 pm  #4

One of the planned guest hosts is Dr. Oz.

This has been incredibly controversial among fans in various Jeopardy forums and on social media.

February 19, 2021 2:40 pm  #5

Hansa wrote:

If they were to choose a Canadian for the gig, who do you think would be a good candidate? 

Ian Hanomansing or Adrienne Arsenault.

February 19, 2021 2:48 pm  #6

Regarding Ken Jennings as host...I am in total agreement that he should be made permanent host.  I had some apprehensions before he started but he's been a natural following in Alex's footsteps making the show/contestants the centre of attention rather than himself.  I expect he will continue to improve.

February 19, 2021 4:18 pm  #7

With the experience of "The Chase" and "Masterminds", Brooke Burns would be my choice. Likeable, smart, eloquent, would be a good choice instead of argument of "another old white man".

Second Choice, none other than Geordi Le Forge.

Ken Jennings comes off unlikable in Mastermind, and has history with Twitter.

never worked ever, in radio

February 19, 2021 4:47 pm  #8

I rather enjoy Ken Jennings as host.  He got over the initial jitters knowing he was following in some mighty big footsteps rather quickly and settled into the role rather comfortably.  Good on him.  If they make him permanent, it will be a wise choice.

As for the other hosts, Dr. Oz might be a dark horse to do better than most expect.  He's already got some hosting chops and if he plays it straight, he might surprise.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mayim Bialik does.  She certainly has the educational background.

I wish LeVar Burton got a crack at it.  He had long expressed an interest in hosting.

February 19, 2021 6:03 pm  #9

Hansa wrote:

Julie Payette's looking for work. ;)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 19, 2021 6:28 pm  #10

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Hansa wrote:

If I understand correctly, Mme.Payette will be hosting the new Canadian Game Show...  Temper Tantrum, and the french version...  Crise de Colere

February 19, 2021 6:39 pm  #11

Glen Warren wrote:

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Hansa wrote:

If I understand correctly, Mme.Payette will be hosting the new Canadian Game Show...  Temper Tantrum, and the french version...  Crise de Colere

February 19, 2021 11:23 pm  #12

Seems obvious, Frank D'Angelo.  He could sing the show in and out of breaks as well.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 21, 2021 10:26 am  #13

Heard Donald Trump is looking for work.

February 21, 2021 1:35 pm  #14

djwildbill wrote:

Heard Donald Trump is looking for work.

This would a great SNL skit.  Huge.

February 23, 2021 8:37 pm  #15

Fucking Nardwuar. It's the only choix.

February 25, 2021 5:17 pm  #16

He mentioned the Jays last night and catching a ball at the game, Go Aaron indeed!

March 19, 2021 2:58 pm  #17

The Jeopardy "Think" music now has words, courtesy of Sting.

March 19, 2021 3:43 pm  #18

Dr. Oz will be the guest host starting on Monday.

March 19, 2021 3:58 pm  #19

It'll never happen, but I would love to see Eric Idle and then John Cleese guest host. The muttered asides alone would be brilliant.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mel Brooks or Betty White guest host.

Bill Murray, Bill Shatner, Bill Clinton would be great.

Love the "Jeopardy" song RA, is there anything Sting can't do? If we're lucky perhaps Robert Fripp and his wife will give us their own special version of it on YouTube one fine Sunday.

March 19, 2021 4:06 pm  #20

It's said Jeopardy creator Merv Griffin originally wrote the "Think" music as a lullaby for his son. According to numerous sources, including the New York Times, it took him about a minute to compose the thing. It may have taken next to nothing to write it, but the results were anything but negligible. Griffin once estimated he made between $30-40 million off that 30 second tune. Incredible. 

March 19, 2021 7:23 pm  #21

RadioActive wrote:

It's said Jeopardy creator Merv Griffin originally wrote the "Think" music as a lullaby for his son. According to numerous sources, including the New York Times, it took him about a minute to compose the thing. It may have taken next to nothing to write it, but the results were anything but negligible. Griffin once estimated he made between $30-40 million off that 30 second tune. Incredible. 

A movie bio of Merv Griffin in the same vein as the David Bowie and Freddie Mercury movies would be fascinating if you had the right actor to play Mr. Griffin.

March 24, 2021 7:44 am  #22

I quite liked Katie Couric , Dr. Oz, not so much...

March 24, 2021 1:02 pm  #23

I wonder how long the guest hosts on Jeopardy! will last? I can't wait to find out who will be the official "NEW" host for Jeopardy! if there really is one! The show won't last forever if they keep up with the guest hosts. Alex Trebek was a perfect host for the show and is hard to replace. We miss you Alex! 💕

March 24, 2021 3:18 pm  #24

March 24, 2021 7:37 pm  #25

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I quite liked Katie Couric , Dr. Oz, not so much...

She enjoyed her two weeks,  but doesn't want the job.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/why-katie-couric-isnt-hosting-jeopardy/

March 26, 2021 6:10 pm  #26

Scorpio42 wrote:

I wonder how long the guest hosts on Jeopardy! will last? I can't wait to find out who will be the official "NEW" host for Jeopardy! if there really is one! The show won't last forever if they keep up with the guest hosts. Alex Trebek was a perfect host for the show and is hard to replace. We miss you Alex! 💕

I was watching a random movie the other day, and in one scene the main character is sitting in their living room watching an old episode of Jeopardy and seeing and hearing Alex was such a happy/sad feeling.😔📺

Last edited by betaylored (March 26, 2021 6:11 pm)

March 26, 2021 7:27 pm  #27

I do want to see Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers host, he is due up soon!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (March 26, 2021 7:28 pm)

March 26, 2021 7:35 pm  #28

betaylored wrote:

Scorpio42 wrote:

I was watching a random movie the other day, and in one scene the main character is sitting in their living room watching an old episode of Jeopardy and seeing and hearing Alex was such a happy/sad feeling.😔📺

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

On another note, I had a dream about Jeopardy the other night. I’m not sure who the host was, but I was in the studio audience and a contestant got pissed off in the middle of the show and stormed off the set. My dreams aren’t usually this entertaining but it was as good as an SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketch!

I’ve had a number of Jeopardy dreams in my life. I once dreamt my father was a contestant but the dream ended before I could see if he won.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (March 26, 2021 7:39 pm)

March 27, 2021 12:05 am  #29

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I’ve been watching Jeopardy on Netflix. They have a bunch of episodes from 2017 up right now. I’ve been watching those instead of Dr. Oz this week.

I've been watching Dr. Oz's guest host episodes this week and he seems alright but may not be fit for a permanent Jeopardy! host. As for Netflix carrying Jeopardy! episodes from from 2017 which wasn't too long ago, too bad they (Netflix) doesn't have any Jeopardy! episodes from the start in 1984, including pilot episodes and the Art Fleming era which would be awesome to have! I found a few J! Alex Trebek full episodes online from the start on YouTube and other sites, unfortunately some of the Fleming episodes may be permanently gone.

Last edited by Scorpio42 (March 27, 2021 12:07 am)

March 27, 2021 12:33 am  #30

According to Fandom.com, Season 37 of Jeopardy! concludes on August 13, 2021. Summer repeats begin on August 16, 2021.

Jeopardy! Timeline (syndicated version)/Season 37
https://jeopardyhistory.fandom.com/wiki/Jeopardy!_Timeline_(syndicated_version)/Season_37

I can't seem to find anymore info anywhere else online but I would be interested to know what episodes will be aired during the summer 2021 reruns. I'm guessing but I can't be 100% sure that it may be Ken Jennings' guest host shows from January or possibly the last few weeks of Alex Trebek's episodes to his final episode which was aired January 8, 2021 taped prior to his death in November 2020. Would be ideal if they can rerun Trebek's final weeks on Jeopardy! with his final episode aired before the start of the 38th season with a new host.