sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2021 10:51 am  #1

The next host of Jeopardy is?

Ken Jennings finishes his run as an interim host on Jeopardy tonight and then they will go to a number guest hosts that include Green Bay Packer QB, Aaron Rodgers. 

Personally, I really came to enjoy Jennings. He is affable, knowledgeable and a very capable full time host. I hope they decide on him to be permanent. 

In the meantime it is going to be a bit of a revolving door for interim hosts, that include, actors/actresses, journalists, and pro football players.

Here is the link to the read.

https://www.today.com/popculture/ken-jennings-jeopardy-hosting-gig-comes-end-here-s-who-t209377

Who would you like to see? Does Jennings get your nod? 

Share away!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 19, 2021 12:06 pm  #2

Re: The next host of Jeopardy is?

If they were to choose a Canadian for the gig, who do you think would be a good candidate? 

February 19, 2021 12:15 pm  #3

I think that Anderson Cooper would make a good host, but I don't want that to take away from his storm chasing on CNN.

February 19, 2021 1:39 pm  #4

One of the planned guest hosts is Dr. Oz.

This has been incredibly controversial among fans in various Jeopardy forums and on social media.

February 19, 2021 1:40 pm  #5

Hansa wrote:

If they were to choose a Canadian for the gig, who do you think would be a good candidate? 

Ian Hanomansing or Adrienne Arsenault.

February 19, 2021 1:48 pm  #6

Regarding Ken Jennings as host...I am in total agreement that he should be made permanent host.  I had some apprehensions before he started but he's been a natural following in Alex's footsteps making the show/contestants the centre of attention rather than himself.  I expect he will continue to improve.

February 19, 2021 3:18 pm  #7

With the experience of "The Chase" and "Masterminds", Brooke Burns would be my choice. Likeable, smart, eloquent, would be a good choice instead of argument of "another old white man".

Second Choice, none other than Geordi Le Forge.

Ken Jennings comes off unlikable in Mastermind, and has history with Twitter.

You ever worry that no one is listening?

February 19, 2021 3:47 pm  #8

I rather enjoy Ken Jennings as host.  He got over the initial jitters knowing he was following in some mighty big footsteps rather quickly and settled into the role rather comfortably.  Good on him.  If they make him permanent, it will be a wise choice.

As for the other hosts, Dr. Oz might be a dark horse to do better than most expect.  He's already got some hosting chops and if he plays it straight, he might surprise.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mayim Bialik does.  She certainly has the educational background.

I wish LeVar Burton got a crack at it.  He had long expressed an interest in hosting.

February 19, 2021 5:03 pm  #9

Hansa wrote:

Julie Payette's looking for work. ;)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.gif

February 19, 2021 5:22 pm  #10

I recently remembered a fun fact about radio and Jeopardy with a Toronto twist.

Two current morning show hosts have appeared on the show; John Moore and Michael Stafford were both contestants on the show.  Only "Staff", as he is sometimes known, made it to the finals. 

If I remember correctly, Stafford lost in spectacular fashion thinking after 60 years, an elephant would have worn down feet because of their weight.

February 19, 2021 5:28 pm  #11

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Hansa wrote:

If I understand correctly, Mme.Payette will be hosting the new Canadian Game Show...  Temper Tantrum, and the french version...  Crise de Colere

February 19, 2021 5:39 pm  #12

Glen Warren wrote:

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Hansa wrote:

If I understand correctly, Mme.Payette will be hosting the new Canadian Game Show...  Temper Tantrum, and the french version...  Crise de Colere

https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons3/grin.png

February 19, 2021 10:23 pm  #13

Seems obvious, Frank D'Angelo.  He could sing the show in and out of breaks as well.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 19, 2021 10:37 pm  #14

ig wrote:

Seems obvious, Frank D'Angelo.  He could sing the show in and out of breaks as well.

Cheers to that.

February 21, 2021 9:26 am  #15

Heard Donald Trump is looking for work.

February 21, 2021 12:35 pm  #16

djwildbill wrote:

Heard Donald Trump is looking for work.

This would a great SNL skit.  Huge.

February 23, 2021 7:37 pm  #17

Fucking Nardwuar. It's the only choix.

February 25, 2021 3:48 pm  #18

Jeopardy party tonite; beer & chicken wings.   Go Aaron!

February 25, 2021 4:17 pm  #19

He mentioned the Jays last night and catching a ball at the game, Go Aaron indeed!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...