sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 28, 2020 3:56 pm  #1

Big changes at Moose FM in Bancroft

This won't be for everyone, but I know we have some visitors from elsewhere in Ontario, and they might be interested. 

Big changes at Moose FM in Bancroft

October 29, 2020 12:28 am  #2

Re: Big changes at Moose FM in Bancroft

Thanks for the update RA.  That actually matters to me and a reason i visit this site often.  Just curious though, do you have anything else to do all day besides looking up obscure small town newspapers searching out radio news? 

October 29, 2020 12:56 pm  #3

splunge wrote:

Thanks for the update RA.  That actually matters to me and a reason i visit this site often.  Just curious though, do you have anything else to do all day besides looking up obscure small town newspapers searching out radio news? 

Hey, he was just looking for a way to stir a response from you...

October 29, 2020 1:02 pm  #4

splunge wrote:

Obscurity is my middle name.

I have no idea what my parents were thinking...

October 29, 2020 2:52 pm  #5

This is welcome and long overdue news. I visit my dad in Bancroft regularly and the 12-song playlist wore out its welcome in 1994.

October 29, 2020 3:18 pm  #6

I noticed that the Vista radio stations CKVV-FM 97.5 Kemptville (formerly Juice FM) and CKPP-FM 107.9 Prescott (formerly Coast FM) had recently been rebranded as "Moose FM" like the other Moose stations. With the changes, I wonder if all Moose FM stations are now using the new female voice imaging liners? Great music variety but I think the new voice liners don't seem fitting with the formats and the Moose branding!

Last edited by Scorpio42 (October 29, 2020 3:18 pm)

October 29, 2020 5:11 pm  #7

Always listen to CKLP Moose 103 when up north 

October 29, 2020 7:56 pm  #8

Maybe they will bring back Radio Bingo like they had on 1240-CJNH on Saturday mornings.

October 30, 2020 2:39 pm  #9

NW wrote:

Maybe they will bring back Radio Bingo like they had on 1240-CJNH on Saturday mornings.

No doubt that was useful to your DXing sunrise skip. Thanks to all that deafening silence between B-54 and I-33 - not only could you hear a pin drop but underneath CJNH, you no doubt heard WJON in St. Cloud MN or KICD in Spencer IA. Much more exciting, I'm willing to bet, than 600 was just two or three miles outside of Bancroft, where the local CBC relay ran out of gas...

November 2, 2020 1:36 pm  #10

Saul wrote:

NW wrote:

No doubt that was useful to your DXing sunrise skip. Thanks to all that deafening silence between B-54 and I-33 - not only could you hear a pin drop but underneath CJNH, you no doubt heard WJON in St. Cloud MN or KICD in Spencer IA. Much more exciting, I'm willing to bet, than 600 was just two or three miles outside of Bancroft, where the local CBC relay ran out of gas...

The CBC moved their old LPRT AM signal to 99.3 FM in Bancroft a few years ago.