sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2020 10:34 am  #1

Rush Limbaugh Admits He Likely Won't Survive Lung Cancer

Love him or hate him - and I was never a fan - as someone who battled cancer (and so far, has won) I can't help but feel sorry for Rush Limbaugh. He told his audience on Monday that he's losing the battle against stage 4 lung cancer and doesn't know how long he'll be alive. 

Limbaugh is a polarizing figure but there's no arguing he's been an astounding success and has had a profound impact, for better or worse, on radio. He's been on the air for 30 years and has millions of listeners. He started in the biz as a Top 40 DJ using the name "Jeff Christie." Below is an aircheck of him under that moniker on KQV Pittsburgh in 1974. And you know what? Listening to it, you have to admit he was a pretty good rock jock.  

Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal

October 20, 2020 12:22 pm  #2

Re: Rush Limbaugh Admits He Likely Won't Survive Lung Cancer

Limbaugh is a hypocritical, conspiracy baiting, bottom feeder...but agreed, you cannot argue his success with snowflake, butt hurt, American, white, right wingers...but no one deserves this...I wouldn't wish that on my own worst enemy...fuck cancer...it's pure hell...

October 20, 2020 12:30 pm  #3

He was a good rock jock, and much more likeable. He was a decent operator as well, since he was probably running the board too.  Tight sounding station.

October 20, 2020 3:33 pm  #4

Johnny B wrote:

Limbaugh is a hypocritical, conspiracy baiting, bottom feeder...but agreed, you cannot argue his success with snowflake, butt hurt, American, white, right wingers...but no one deserves this...I wouldn't wish that on my own worst enemy...fuck cancer...it's pure hell...

What a shameful and disgusting expression of so-called sympathy.

Try again, this time without the gratuitous and unsubstantiated attacks on the man and the tens of millions of listeners whom you could not possibly know and who are equally undeserving of your disgusting, prejudicial, indulgent, ad hominem attacks.

October 20, 2020 3:48 pm  #5

6079 Smith W wrote:

Johnny B wrote:

Try again, this time without the gratuitous and unsubstantiated attacks on the man and the tens of millions of listeners whom you could not possibly know and who are equally undeserving of your disgusting, prejudicial, indulgent, ad hominem attacks.

Actually I thought Johnny B's comment was pretty spot on and also quite reasonable given Rush's contribution to radio. He has been a hugely polarizing figure, and one of the early leaders in that game if not its initiator. Rush's hardly built his reputation on kind words for political adversaries and opponents. Actually, it's refreshing to not lionize people in times like these. Many radio listeners really don't like him; that's simply part of the reality. I did like the KQV clip of Rush as DJ. I wasn't listening back then to KQV so I never got any sense whatsoever of his DJ personality - in fact I do recall reading about it awhile back but would not have remembered if I was asked to tell someone about Rush in 50 words or less.

October 20, 2020 5:22 pm  #6

6079 Smith W wrote:

Reminds me of the time Limbaugh mocked Ted Kennedy for having brain cancer and the time he mocked Michael J. Fox for having Parkinson's disease. Certainly, we should be showing some class and treat Limbaugh better than he's treated others. 

October 20, 2020 6:43 pm  #7

Hansa wrote:

6079 Smith W wrote:

Reminds me of the time Limbaugh mocked Ted Kennedy for having brain cancer and the time he mocked Michael J. Fox for having Parkinson's disease. Certainly, we should be showing some class and treat Limbaugh better than he's treated others. 

Rush is a man of integrity.  He wants & deserves to be treated as an equal.

I have no issue with Rush being treated with the same empathy & compassion that he showed  Kennedy and Fox.

October 20, 2020 9:50 pm  #8

6079 Smith W wrote:

...disgusting, prejudicial, indulgent, ad hominem attacks.

You just gave away the staple ingredient in Rush's special sauce.

October 21, 2020 9:15 am  #9

One good thing about the Limbaugh and tRump-types is their ability to demonstrate, for the world to see, the amazing quality, empathy and intelligence of their supporters.

God bless them for that, anyway.

October 21, 2020 9:17 am  #10

6079 Smith W wrote:

Johnny B wrote:

Sure….Rush Limbaugh has built his career on division and hate using lies and asinine commentary to elicit a reaction amongst the ignorant and uneducated….he’s vilified and made fun of cancer sufferers, women, different races, religions other than Christianity, addiction…the list goes on and on….fuck him and fuck the cancer he’s stricken with….