sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2020 7:26 pm  #1

Dan Shulman Off To ESPN For MLB Playoffs...

...but will be back on SN next season;  (hopefully there will be one).

https://twitter.com/DShulman_ESPN/status/1309521459316953092

Last edited by Media Observer (September 25, 2020 7:28 pm)

September 26, 2020 8:03 am  #2

Re: Dan Shulman Off To ESPN For MLB Playoffs...

Not optomistic about the Jays playoff chances. I see a maximum of three games, assuming they can get one victory against the Indians.

September 26, 2020 8:35 am  #3

For those interested in baseball here are the series dates. Jays will play their best of three wild card series in Cleveland Sept 29, 30 and if needed Oct 1. Best of five Divisional Series Oct 5-10 [AL in SD and LA. NL in Arlington and Houston] LCS Oct 11-18 [AL in Arlington. NL in SD] World Series Oct 20-28 [in Arlington] Discussions have not be finalized on whether a limited number of fans will be permitted to attend the LCS and WS.                                              OOPS!  The Divisional Series should be reversed. NL in SD and LA. AL in Arlington and Houston. Those of you who don't watch baseball probably didn't notice the error.

September 26, 2020 1:49 pm  #4

Jays, the number 8 seed will be playing the number 1 seed, Tampa Bay, not Cleveland. If the Jays’ starting pitching holds up and they can avoid any defensive errors, I feel they can beat the Rays.

September 26, 2020 6:07 pm  #5

So who sits in with Buck on the TV side?  Joe Siddall?   Please don't let it be Kevin Barker.

I guess Pat "Uh Huh" Tabler could theoretically provide colour from his home in Ohio if they gave him some decent monitors.  

September 26, 2020 10:09 pm  #6

I thought all things considered the Blue Jay broadcast crew did a fantastic job. I too feel we can upset Tampa, but playing Cleveland could be interesting seeing as how Shapiro and Atkins both came from that team and are using the template they created there, in Toronto now.

Also, we are in the playoffs, after the past 3 seasons of sub par baseball, we as fans have a lot to be happy about (other than not seeing them live and having me run naked on the field in the 7th inning stretch...something about "Let's Go Blue Jays" makes me wanna be wild...lol)...

But, we have a lot to be happy about with this team and the future looks good too!

Go Jays Go!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (September 26, 2020 10:10 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 26, 2020 10:32 pm  #7

memories of kids in the hall sketch with bruce mccullough in drag in her cubicle singing the praises of kelly gruber and shouting go jays, go jays, go jays go!