sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2020 6:52 pm  #1

June 4, 2020 7:12 pm  #2

Re: Live TV Streaming Reaches Canada as Netflix Alternative

I would definitely NOT shell out $17 a month for this pathetic line-up - the first month free and more channels being promised notwithstanding. This River won't flow with me!

RiverTV

June 4, 2020 8:49 pm  #3

Disruption to the Canadian pay TV market has only grown with the arrival of Disney+, Apple TV+, Peacock and HBO Max.

Someone didn't do their research.

Weird to launch a VMPD service in Canada now when it's well established that the U.S. ones are burning money. 

June 4, 2020 9:31 pm  #4

I think I will stick with ustvgo.tv and 123tvnow.com for streaming of the U.S. nets and cable channels unavailable to Canadian viewers. USA, TVLAND, Syfy, ESPN, ESPN2, FOX SPORTS 1&2, TBS, TNT, etc. AND they are free!

June 4, 2020 9:44 pm  #5

mace wrote:

I think I will stick with ustvgo.tv and 123tvnow.com for streaming of the U.S. nets and cable channels unavailable to Canadian viewers. USA, TVLAND, Syfy, ESPN, ESPN2, FOX SPORTS 1&2, TBS, TNT, etc. AND they are free!

For $20 or so a month various IPTV providers offer 3000-6000 channels from around the world and in USA and Canada. 
I pay that money because I love watching some of the UK channels, like Challenge (to name one)
Challenge is the UK version of game show network. (GSN USA)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 7, 2020 7:28 pm  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

mace wrote:

For $20 or so a month various IPTV providers offer 3000-6000 channels from around the world and in USA and Canada. 
I pay that money because I love watching some of the UK channels, like Challenge (to name one)
Challenge is the UK version of game show network. (GSN USA)

please post a link or pm me. 

July 23, 2020 11:03 am  #7

Tardis wrote:

If you have a VPN, try out Pluto TV a free service of Viacom/CBS: https://pluto.tv/live-tv/4k-tv

Totally agreed I only pay for VPN and Netflix connect and there are lots of FREE options its not just Pluto, add Xumo and Tubi Tv, Vudu as well to your lists. One option i honestly don't want anyone to try is free vpns there are many tunnelbear, opera, windscribe just to name a few as it only ended up in time waste. 

August 4, 2020 3:09 pm  #8

mace wrote:

I have a good vpn and still can't get most of these channels to work for more than a few minutes. 

August 4, 2020 7:32 pm  #9

IPTV is the best deal!  Streams for us is the basic low cost option, but there are tons of others out there.
(Prices are in USD)

Last edited by Radiowiz (August 4, 2020 7:33 pm)

August 4, 2020 7:39 pm  #10

Between IPTV for $17/month and regular cable, we don't have nearly enough time to watch everything we'd like to.

August 4, 2020 10:21 pm  #11

alangee wrote:

Between IPTV for $17/month and regular cable, we don't have nearly enough time to watch everything we'd like to.

Some IPTV services have a catch up feature for those who forgot to record a program.