sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2020 12:15 pm  #1

Mike Bloomberg Biggest Advertiser Last Week on US Radio

Radio all over the USA must be liking Mike Bloomberg. He placed more ads last week than any other advertiser Feb 24 to March 1st.  Bloomberg's campaign ran 55,527 commercials on AM/FM radio last week.  Interesting to look at the top radio advertisers in the US and how many of them are for insurance. Information courtesy of Inside Radio Website. 

Total ad spending for the 2020 US election is on track to be around $6.9 billion...Do I hear 7 billion?
http://www.insideradio.com/free/bloomberg-bumps-flo-from-top-of-radio-s-biggest-advertisers/article_f66cbdda-5d24-11ea-9f6b-b7edd4112dde.html

March 4, 2020 9:59 am  #2

Re: Mike Bloomberg Biggest Advertiser Last Week on US Radio

I listen to a lot of U.S. Classic Rock Radio online [mostly WCSX Det, KLOS L.A. and KSAN S.F.] and I have noticed an enormous number of bloomberg ads being aired. You can't avoid them on U.S. tv either. He has also, in the last few days, taken out full page ads in the Toronto Sun trying to reach "Democrats Living Abroad" I don't know if the same ads are appearing in the Star, Globe and Post. The Star and Globe certainly have a much larger circulation than the Sun.

March 4, 2020 11:06 am  #3

mace wrote:

He has also, in the last few days, taken out full page ads in the Toronto Sun trying to reach "Democrats Living Abroad" I don't know if the same ads are appearing in the Star, Globe and Post   

It ran yesterday on pg. A7 in the Globe & Mail.    Now, THAT's a newspaper.

Ms. C.

March 4, 2020 12:07 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

Radio all over the USA must be liking Mike Bloomberg. He placed more ads last week than any other advertiser Feb 24 to March 1st.  Bloomberg's campaign ran 55,527 commercials on AM/FM radio last week.  Interesting to look at the top radio advertisers in the US and how many of them are for insurance. Information courtesy of Inside Radio Website. 

Total ad spending for the 2020 US election is on track to be around $6.9 billion...Do I hear 7 billion?
http://www.insideradio.com/free/bloomberg-bumps-flo-from-top-of-radio-s-biggest-advertisers/article_f66cbdda-5d24-11ea-9f6b-b7edd4112dde.html

$600 million spent to win American Samoa. Hard to believe this genius ever made any money in the first place with instincts like that.

March 4, 2020 12:36 pm  #5

All that money just went to waste and I'm sure every broadcaster will miss all that spending.

Bloomberg Quits The 2020 Presidential Race, Endorses Biden

March 4, 2020 2:09 pm  #6

So basically now Democrats are left with a choice of leftie Biden or uber leftie Bernie.

March 4, 2020 2:11 pm  #7

So apparently advertising works - in American Samoa!

March 4, 2020 8:16 pm  #8

and Biden won Minnesota and Massachusetts where he was the underdog with NO ad spending and very little spending of any kind. I don't care too much for money cos money can't buy an election.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

March 4, 2020 9:38 pm  #9

Biden hasn't been throwing around much money so far at all. And he is going to get a major lift from Bloomberg who said he intends to donate big money to Biden for advertising. Surprised that US radio seems to have revenue problems with the country always in more or less election mode a lot of the time. Detroit TV almost always seems to have election ads or mid term ads on TV and of course state and local electioneering.  In our elections I don't recall hearing much advertising on radio, maybe just in the last week before the vote and not a lot more. In Newspapers almost nothing, TV and on line seem to be the big winners here and even then not what you would call huge takeover advertising.