sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2019 10:44 pm  #1

A Speech Coming Up

I truly hope you don't mind me sharing this information here. And I also hope some of you will be able to join us. 

https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/detail.jsp?Entt=RDMEVT417158&R=EVT417158&fbclid=IwAR05pIu3wb7zmkF3CfQnDPuW24yZoF9za0QcwWaqdgP1JnojrTBpyjIuecY

Last edited by Marsden (October 22, 2019 11:56 pm)

October 22, 2019 10:54 pm  #2

Re: A Speech Coming Up

Mr. Marsden is welcome to post here anytime he likes about anything he likes.

Sounds like an interesting speech. Thanks for letting the board know!

October 24, 2019 11:52 pm  #3

Thank you - much appreciated....

October 29, 2019 1:39 pm  #4

David: I couldn't make it, but how did it go? Any audio or video of your appearance?

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

October 29, 2019 1:49 pm  #5

Hey Dale - maybe you can still make it. It's Tonight (Tuesday) starts at 7 PM Reference Library Yonge just North of Bloor - East side. Hope to see you and others there this evening. BTW - thanks for asking.

October 29, 2019 5:52 pm  #6

A busy evening for librarians:

Dave Mickie @ T.O. Reference library, Bloor & Yonge

AND

Meghan Murphy @ T.O. Palmerston library, Bloor & Bathurst

October 30, 2019 1:07 am  #7

geo wrote:

AND

I was surprised that the Meghan Murphy appearance didn't get a whole lot of coverage on the radio pundit panels, or at least it hasn't so far. Twitter's been on fire with people, including well known names in the media, objecting to/defending the choice TPL made. Newstalk 1010 mentioned it briefly once or twice yesterday, but with no in depth discussion that I heard at any rate.

I too would REALLY love to hear/see the Dave Marsden talk from last night's appearance if there's audio/video made public down the road.

October 30, 2019 6:57 am  #8

the Meghan Murphy Muck-up is bound to be dealt with by Marc Weisblott @ 12:36, but if you can't wait for that its on pg. A13 of this morning's Globe 'n Mail (no mention of Dave Mickey's event though)

October 30, 2019 8:23 am  #9

Actually, Jerry Agar did a phone interview with Meghan Murphy on his show yesterday in the first half of the 10AM hour.

October 30, 2019 9:27 am  #10

Jerry had Meghan on his show on Monday morning at 10am.

Ig

betaylored wrote:

geo wrote:

AND

I was surprised that the Meghan Murphy appearance didn't get a whole lot of coverage on the radio pundit panels, or at least it hasn't so far. Twitter's been on fire with people, including well known names in the media, objecting to/defending the choice TPL made. Newstalk 1010 mentioned it briefly once or twice yesterday, but with no in depth discussion that I heard at any rate.

I too would REALLY love to hear/see the Dave Marsden talk from last night's appearance if there's audio/video made public down the road.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

October 30, 2019 10:57 am  #11

Rosie DiManno (A2 Toronto Star) and Chris Selley (A1 National Post) also weighed in this morning.    Can't wait for Lord Black of Crossharbour's take -- Saturday National Post

October 30, 2019 12:58 pm  #12

While I can't speak for Maghan Murphy I can tell you - my visit to The Reference Library was recorded both audio and video. 

The audio recording is available now at:

​- https://www.torontomike.com/2019/10/toronto_miked_podcast_episode_533.html

The video of the entire event will be available soon at: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvdE0I4AL0XoW_7wUzjr3MQ

November 2, 2019 1:28 am  #13

thanks ig and mace, I didn't know she'd appeared on Jerry's show, I bet it was... interesting? That's one thing that TSN 1050 does that might work for Newstalk 1010, posting podcasts of their shows in hour blocks on Twitter along with individual interviews posted separately as well. Though maybe there's a good reason why 1010 doesn't do the same thing...

I'm just happy I can check out Dave Marsden's talk.

Last edited by betaylored (November 2, 2019 2:26 am)