sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2019 2:15 pm  #1

What’s ahead for the Rogers Centre?

John Tory says stadium’s future is uncertain

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/07/04/whats-ahead-for-the-rogers-centre-john-tory-says-stadiums-future-is-uncertain.html

Last edited by cash (July 5, 2019 2:15 pm)

July 5, 2019 2:52 pm  #2

Re: What’s ahead for the Rogers Centre?

shoe box sized condos, pre-wired exclusively for Rogers Ignite ?

wait for it...

July 5, 2019 9:57 pm  #3

Second-worst park in the majors, next to Tropicana Field.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

July 5, 2019 10:57 pm  #4

Glen Warren wrote:

wait for it...

With Google already trying to build a city of the future in Toronto, maybe they'll team up with Rogers to make your point stronger?  (adding to their existing plans in Toronto...) 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 6, 2019 12:16 am  #5

how the mighty have fallen... "look, the roof can open!" yeah, it's an uncomfortable place to watch a ballgame. plus those damn seagulls ruin everything!  oops, sorry. my mind wandered to watching the jays play at "exhibition stadium". i've frequented skyboxes in line with home plate and i've sat in the left field bleachers as well as other seat locations and i don't 'get' the big problem. then again, i (as a kid) remember taking a leak in communal metal troughs at fenway. now 'that" (in my opinion) was a problem worth fixing!

Last edited by the original hank (July 6, 2019 12:16 am)

July 6, 2019 7:43 am  #6

the original hank wrote:

how the mighty have fallen... "look, the roof can open!" yeah, it's an uncomfortable place to watch a ballgame. plus those damn seagulls ruin everything!  oops, sorry. my mind wandered to watching the jays play at "exhibition stadium". i've frequented skyboxes in line with home plate and i've sat in the left field bleachers as well as other seat locations and i don't 'get' the big problem. then again, i (as a kid) remember taking a leak in communal metal troughs at fenway. now 'that" (in my opinion) was a problem worth fixing!

That "trough" problem was also an issue at the, now demolished, Pontiac Silverdome and long gone Cleveland Municipal Stadium. But only if you were watching the almost always inept Lions or the Factory of Sadness Browns. If you saw the Indians play [circa 1986] they were averaging maybe 6000 per game, so you practically had the washroom to yourself.

July 6, 2019 11:10 am  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

Glen Warren wrote:

wait for it...

With Google already trying to build a city of the future in Toronto, maybe they'll team up with Rogers to make your point stronger?  (adding to their existing plans in Toronto...) 

To cut costs, the Jays will soon play in a VR space in the basement of a Rogers storage facility.

July 7, 2019 2:57 am  #8

the original hank wrote:

The seats don't face home plate, it's two thirds empty, doesn't have real grass, has too much exposed concrete, and is very dark when the roof is closed.  

July 9, 2019 7:48 pm  #9

it still beats seagulls and snow.