sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2017 10:21 pm  #1

Who will get the rights to the Cellino & Barnes jingle?

This could only be a story in the new media landscape. By know you may have heard that Cellino & Barnes, those ambulance chasing attorneys you always see advertised on every Buffalo TV station, are going their separate ways with one partner suing the other.

This was such a big deal that it was actually the lead of many Buffalo newscasts a few days ago.

And now the big question seems to be what will happen to that infamous "Call 888-8888" ear worm jingle that never quite leaves your brain. 

First world problems, indeed.

Who will get the rights to the Cellino & Barnes jingle?      

May 15, 2017 5:05 am  #2

Re: Who will get the rights to the Cellino & Barnes jingle?

Mr 444-4444 William Matarr must be pleased with this news.

May 15, 2017 6:49 am  #3

So would WEDG's morning team of Shredd & Ragan: many years ago, they did a parody billboard of one of their ads(back when their tagline was Injured?). It showed both of them bald(naturally, photo-shopped that way)and with the word INJURED!

Granted, S & R aren't as biting as they used to be, but they have their moments.

August 9, 2019 8:05 pm  #4

Not only is the linked article about that Cellino & Barnes jingle you see on Buffalo TV non-stop revealing, but it also opines on the art of creating those jingles and why they stay in your head, sometimes for decades. 

The story behind the best-known local jingle in America

August 10, 2019 2:34 pm  #5

it all started when they got hurt in a car... and they argued about who to call. 

August 10, 2019 2:38 pm  #6

mace wrote:

Mr 444-4444 William Matarr must be pleased with this news.

The firm with the focus, the firm with the fours.

August 10, 2019 2:41 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

This could only be a story in the new media landscape. By know you may have heard that Cellino & Barnes, those ambulance chasing attorneys you always see advertised on every Buffalo TV station, are going their separate ways with one partner suing the other.

This was such a big deal that it was actually the lead of many Buffalo newscasts a few days ago.

And now the big question seems to be what will happen to that infamous "Call 888-8888" ear worm jingle that never quite leaves your brain. 

First world problems, indeed.

Who will get the rights to the Cellino & Barnes jingle?      

This dispute has been brewing for a while. It has been at least a year, maybe two, since I first heard word of their imminent divorce.

I am convinced that when I am old and have forgotten everything else, the last memories to go will be AM radio jingles. My grandchildren will be asking "why does grandpa keep asking me why I would buy a mattress anywhere else?"

August 10, 2019 4:38 pm  #8

the original hank wrote:

it all started when they got hurt in a car... and they argued about who to call. 

Love it!

(let me guess...you used to write jingles?)