sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2024 12:53 pm  #1

CP 24 subtle changes

Morning show now goes from 6:00am-10:00am, no more John Moore segment it seems.
Noon show seems to be gone, now a CTV Toronto simulcast.

June 12, 2024 1:54 pm  #2

Re: CP 24 subtle changes

The changes took place yesterday as Michelle said "And we welcome our CP24 viewers this hour" on the noon newscast.
Now, if they can make that simple change to cut some costs, why not get rid of the CTV weather department and just use the CP24 weather department?  The money they save there would be good to allow a live 11:30 PM weather report. 

I am very much glad they chose to keep the CTV newscast and not go the other way around, tossing on CP24 at noon on CTV Toronto.

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 12, 2024 1:56 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 12, 2024 2:54 pm  #3

Will CP24 Live at 5 face the same fate? Thought it made sense for CFTO to simulcast that hour before launching their own 5 PM.

June 12, 2024 3:25 pm  #4

I noticed they upload full newscasts of CTV Toronto on the CP24 YouTube channel. They now upload the noon newscast and the 6PM newscast on there too. I doubt that Live at 5 would be axed because the 5PM newscast is now half hour on the main CTV stations. At 5:30 it is the national newscast with Sandie.

June 12, 2024 5:32 pm  #5

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

I noticed they upload full newscasts of CTV Toronto on the CP24 YouTube channel. They now upload the noon newscast and the 6PM newscast on there too. I doubt that Live at 5 would be axed because the 5PM newscast is now half hour on the main CTV stations. At 5:30 it is the national newscast with Sandie.

Who’s to say CP24 couldn’t simulcast both the 5 PM local and the 5:30 national news from CFTO? They’re already doing that on both CTV and CTV2 in Vancouver.

June 14, 2024 10:24 am  #6

ED1 wrote:

Who’s to say CP24 couldn’t simulcast both the 5 PM local and the 5:30 national news from CFTO? They’re already doing that on both CTV and CTV2 in Vancouver.

Probably the same people who say CP24 Weather can't air on CTV Toronto's noon newscast instead of their current own CFTO weather...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.