sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 4, 2024 7:11 am  #1

CFNY Losing Afternoon Drive Co-Host

Kolter Bouchard has been on The Edge co-hosting afternoon drive for six years. Now, he's on the edge of leaving it. 

The veteran Corus employee (who also appeared for a time on Q107) has decided to take a new job in "content development," whatever that means.

He left an amusing one minute farewell on Twitter/X, which includes complaints about not being able to use one of Corus Quay's most unusual features - that infamous slide that runs between floors. And he also shows us something I've never seen before - a napping pod, where you can take a quick snooze or get some privacy in the building.

No word yet on who will replace him but you can watch his farewell video here.  

April 4, 2024 9:44 am  #2

Re: CFNY Losing Afternoon Drive Co-Host

RadioActive wrote:

No word yet on who will replace him but you can watch his farewell video here.  

If there is a replacement.

April 4, 2024 11:53 am  #3

The video only says it's his anniversary. Is there another announcement somewhere that he's leaving? I see from his LinkedIn that he left Corus, or at least the on air gig, in March.

Last edited by Hansa (April 4, 2024 11:56 am)

April 4, 2024 11:58 am  #4

According to their program schedule she's solo, at least at present.

https://edge.ca/shows/

Last edited by Hansa (April 4, 2024 12:10 pm)

April 4, 2024 12:02 pm  #5

This is another mention from Broadcast Dialogue's free "Weekly Briefing," which is made available to subscribers if you just sign up for it.

But here's what it said in relation to this story:

"Kolter Bouchard is wrapping up six years with 102.1 The Edge (CFNY-FM) Toronto as he moves into content development full-time."

You can find it about halfway down the page here. 

April 26, 2024 5:54 pm  #6

More confirmation that the afternoon slot is open - an ad on the Milkman's site, looking for a new PM drive host for CFNY. These kinds of positions don't come up very often, and I would imagine there are a good number of folks applying for the gig. 

April 26, 2024 6:08 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

More confirmation that the afternoon slot is open - an ad on the Milkman's site, looking for a new PM drive host for CFNY.

I'm surprised - two person shows are rare. I figured they would have let the co-host go solo. Congrats to them for keeping the two person team concept intact.

April 27, 2024 9:51 am  #8

I'd be saying congrats if their parent company which makes me cringe to name would minimally bring back live midday hosts across the board, and bring back some specialty weekend programming on their bigger market stations that would make it worth listening to again. 

April 27, 2024 10:12 am  #9

Bring back Dave Pritchard.

April 27, 2024 11:17 am  #10

km93 wrote:

I'd be saying congrats if their parent company which makes me cringe to name would minimally bring back live midday hosts across the board, and bring back some specialty weekend programming on their bigger market stations that would make it worth listening to again. 

I agree with your overall point on middays and weekends but being afraid to use their name is as comical to me as the people who use 'Bhell, Robbers, and Cor-A$$" as sobriquets. I guess we'll have to add "Stink-ray" to the list at some point.