sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2024 12:02 pm  #31

Re: 680 News Radio

Binson Echorec wrote:

This was my immediate concern, too. People confusing computers with radio stations has plagued humanity since it crawled out of the ocean.

I was thinking of teens circa 1980 - everyone in my school knew what a TRS-80 was. Probably more than knew what TR was. 

March 27, 2024 12:29 pm  #32

Hansa wrote:

I was thinking of teens circa 1980 - everyone in my school knew what a TRS-80 was. Probably more than knew what TR was.

Lol!

March 27, 2024 1:02 pm  #33

MJ Vancouver wrote:

ED1 wrote:

The Rogers/Shaw money must've kicked in.

On one hand I was concerned what this might mean for Global because of a shift of government money, but Global BC announced this morning they’re expanding their late news to one hour next week. Is this being done across the Global network?

Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg have always been 1 hour long, not sure about the other markets. I know recently Global has stuck a re-run of Global National after the late local news on all its stations except Alberta. 

March 27, 2024 2:17 pm  #34

Global Toronto has been airing a repeat broadcast of Global National at 11:35 PM for a few months now. I don't remember exactly when it started.  "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert" now starts at 12:05 AM the next day.

March 28, 2024 7:24 am  #35

Radiowiz wrote:

Someone forgot to tell 310 Reno. They still say Citynews radio.

According to Broadcast Dialogue, Rogers says "says the updated branding will rollout to other markets in the coming months." So if the Rogers stations in other areas haven't switched yet, it's apparently on the way. 

March 28, 2024 12:00 pm  #36

RadioActive wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Someone forgot to tell 310 Reno. They still say Citynews radio.

According to Broadcast Dialogue, Rogers says "says the updated branding will rollout to other markets in the coming months." So if the Rogers stations in other areas haven't switched yet, it's apparently on the way. 

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find the article on their site. 

March 28, 2024 12:56 pm  #37

It's in their "Weekly Brief," which is in a link they email to subscribers. It's free and comes in early Thursday before the stories hit their site. 

Here's what is says verbatim in their TV & Film section:

CityNews has refreshed its brand colour palette to red, black and white on its TV and Radio news stations, CityNews 24/7 TorontoCityNews 24/7 Vancouver, CityNews.ca, and accompanying news social platforms. Additionally in Toronto, CityNews 680 has been updated to 680 News Radio Toronto. Rogers Sports & Media says the updated branding will rollout to other markets in the coming months.

You can see the brief here, and the part with Rogers is a little more than halfway down the page.

March 28, 2024 1:21 pm  #38

At the end of the CityNews Newscasts (in Toronto) they now simply show credit for Rogers with a red and white screen. No longer adding the words "Sports and media".  
I wonder why they dropped the "Sports & Media" part of their final closing credit line?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.