sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2024 6:29 pm  #1

Bell Fibe to remove US National networks in the Standard Fibe package.

As of April 1st Bell Fibe customers who have the standard Fibe package will no longer be able to watch US networks in that package such as CBS, ABC, NBC,FOX and PBS.

February 24, 2024 10:02 pm  #2

Re: Bell Fibe to remove US National networks in the Standard Fibe package.

Rogers started forcing those channels to be an add on for $3 extra when Ignite came to be. 
Is Bell doing the same? Allowing everything to stay the same, plus $3 also, to keep things the same? 
Or are they forcing customers to change their package? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 24, 2024 11:28 pm  #3

We have Bell Fibe with the minimal package. We don't watch it. It's just bundled with our telephone and Internet. It's cheaper that way.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

February 25, 2024 5:56 am  #4

Just a theory. Back in the analog days, an ordinary chimney antenna would bring in a great picture on 2, 4 and 7. In the digital age I have heard some residents have issues with some of the Buffalo channels, particularly WIVB.  The digital signals don't travel as far as the analog ones. Back in the 70's, Rogers had their master antenna systems to bring in the Buffalo channels. In the digital age, perhaps Rogers can no longer deliver an acceptable signal from Buffalo with their old antenna system. Maybe they use microwave relays now? That probably costs money or perhaps the Buffalo stations now charge Rogers to deliver their signals? Bottom line. Any costs Rogers incurs, will be passed on to the customer. One thing about Ignite, ch 23 and 49 are now available in HD.

February 25, 2024 11:55 am  #5

I put up a portable antenna in Oakville ad get all the Buffalo stations, without going to a permanent setup. The picture quality is stunning .

February 25, 2024 3:14 pm  #6

Stinand wrote:

I put up a portable antenna in Oakville ad get all the Buffalo stations, without going to a permanent setup. The picture quality is stunning .

I assume your antenna is outdoors. When I would visit my parents in SW Oakville, ch 4, 7, 17 and 23 all came in at a rock solid 100%. ch 29 was about 70%. Ch 2 and 49 in the 55% range. They rarely went above 60%. Of course, this was before the repack. Things could be different now. Tower, house and parents are gone now.