sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2024 4:11 pm  #1

Agar the horrible

Was listening briefly to 1010 this morning as guest host John Tory was handing over to Gerry Agar.
Agar wanted to argue about the BC government deciding to expand its safe drug supply project.
Agar argued that it was a failure because some addicts end up buying off the street anyway and dying.
He said only a government would enlarge a program that was failing.
The two men went back and forth for a while with Tory easily turning Agar's assertions and theories aside, defeating Agar with his heavyweight knowledge as a former Ontario PC leader, Toronto mayor and top level business executive.
You could hear Agar getting increasingly frustrated, until he finally blurted out at Tory "politicians are stupid!"
There was a slight pause of silence, then Tory said in a low tone, "I think tomorrow's segment (with Agar) will be shorter."
Agar laughed, but realized he could only resort to a cheap insult when he could not win the argument.

February 5, 2024 4:17 pm  #2

Re: Agar the horrible

That is a RadioActive-level quality subject line.

(It's a compliment)

February 5, 2024 6:43 pm  #3

Hire a teabagger, expect teabagging.

February 5, 2024 7:47 pm  #4

So what?  They both suck.

February 5, 2024 8:16 pm  #5

newsguy1 wrote:

as guest host John Tory was handing over to Gerry Agar. 

Jerry Agar. I've never fully understood why more names aren't accuracy/spell-checked in our amazing age where a new browser tab can be opened and two seconds later the answer found after a quick Google search. It makes the rest of a post read with more credibility. When I see a misspelling of a key fact like a name off the top, I tend to tune out the validity of the rest of the post.

February 5, 2024 8:48 pm  #6

newsguy1 wrote:

When I see a misspelling of a key fact like a name off the top, I tend to tune out the validity of the rest of the post.

The stupid error should be corrected before it becomes a mistake. Notwithstanding this, Herr Agar is remains a weary and mechanical teabagger feebly chooching away, making the weak minds of his few hundred listeners weaker.

February 5, 2024 8:59 pm  #7

newsguy1 wrote:When I see a misspelling of a key fact like a name off the top, I tend to tune out the validity of the rest of the post.

I did not write the above AspectRatio did as a comment on my post.
Anyway I didn't mean Gerry Agar, I meant Jerry Lewis.

February 5, 2024 9:08 pm  #8

newsguy1 wrote:

Anyway I didn't mean Gerry Agar, I meant Jerry Lewis.

This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc-r4oPaxy0