sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2024 12:28 pm  #1

Super Supriya

Former radio host Supriya Dwivedi deserves an early Olympic medal -- for the javelin throw.
The Toronto Star reports today the current member of the Prime Minister's Office in Ottawa also hurled a shotput ball at a spokesman for the far right organization, Canada Proud.
She slammed Canada Proud for having a "raging boner" for a far right wing female journalist 
She also accused the organization of "gooning" for right wing darling Jordan Peterson.  Gooning is apparently a term for chronic masturbation.
When Canada Proud asked how long it would be before the PMO forbids Dwivedi from posting on X she replied "probably around the time you're able to make a woman cum, so never."
The full article is on page 5 of today's Star hard copy Star.
Now it just might be that the fledgling PMO adviser will be taken to task for her colourful defences, but so far the PMO has said nothing.
So fuddle duddle to you, Canada Proud.

Last edited by newsguy1 (January 30, 2024 12:30 pm)

January 30, 2024 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Super Supriya

newsguy1 wrote:

She also accused the organization of "gooning" for right wing darling Jordan Peterson.  Gooning is apparently a term for chronic masturbation. 

Honestly, I have to give her points for teaching me a new vulgarity. I'll try to work it into my vocabulary. 

January 30, 2024 2:07 pm  #3

This also demonstrates just how much restraint she showed when she was on the air.

January 30, 2024 4:24 pm  #4

When she left the radio she gave a brief description of some of the vile emails and social media posts she endured.
She said the last straw was when some of the hate messages involved stalking and killing her children.
In light of that the things she posted on X about these far right haters was mild.

January 30, 2024 4:34 pm  #5

Imagine the force Supriya could have been on 640 if the humans in charge back then had had more skill and imagination.

She is an absolute hoot to follow and read on X.

I was very sorry to read about the loss of her husband and I wish her well.

Last edited by betaylored (January 30, 2024 4:34 pm)

January 30, 2024 5:08 pm  #6

I prefer to keep things as non-political as possible here, which may be a losing battle. But this one is too good to resist. 

I was listening to Oakley while out shopping this afternoon and he brought up "this Supriya woman" on his show. At one point, he stopped and said, "didn't she use to work here?" To which his producer Michael Downey responded in all seriousness, "Yeah, but I don't know what she did."

I almost got into an accident, I was laughing so hard. I'm not sure when Downey joined the station, but there's not a single question in my mind that Oakley - who used to do the morning show at 640 - knew exactly what she did when she was with Corus. But confirming that might have meant bringing up the name Mike Stafford and entailing a long and uncomfortable explanation, so he went with an unbelievable answer instead.

Pretty disingenuous if you ask me, but not surprising!

As for the story, Joe Warmington of the Toronto Sun was on a guest and discussed his column in the Toronto Sun, which centered on this issue. You can read it here

January 30, 2024 5:15 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

Pretty disingenuous if you ask me, but not surprising!

Why, 'disingenuous' is one of Oakley's middle names.

RadioActive wrote:

As for the story, Joe Warmington of the Toronto Sun was on a guest and discussed his column in the Toronto Sun, which centered on this issue. You can read it here

Poor writing transcends politics, and there's no Canadian in the biz that's worse at it than Warms. That link will stay blue.

January 30, 2024 5:17 pm  #8

There's no obligation to read anything, but I put up the link in case people had no idea where all this originated, and so it's not out of the blue. Well, except the blue of the link you didn't click on! (Red actually, but that's the default Boardhost colour!)

January 30, 2024 5:20 pm  #9

Ah, it is red after publishing. All good.

January 30, 2024 6:09 pm  #10

Considering the never-ending barrage of anti-Trudeau whining, combined with blaming our prime minister for worldwide inflation, and every other ill imaginable, perhaps the PMO is letting off some steam through Supriya.

Or maybe they'll rein her in. We'll know soon enough.

January 30, 2024 6:36 pm  #11

I doubt Matt Gurney, Mike Stafford, or 640 management consider her 'Super'.

January 30, 2024 6:46 pm  #12

Walter wrote:

I doubt Matt Gurney, Mike Stafford, or 640 management consider her 'Super'.

They’ve all seemed happy with a 1 share though.

January 30, 2024 6:50 pm  #13

I don't think anybody should go through what Supriya has lived through at such a young age, but I'm not sure how her employer can ignore this.

But going after the far right is rather in vogue lately, so who knows?

January 30, 2024 7:19 pm  #14

Did either of the 5pm political shows cover this? I would bet not. 

January 30, 2024 8:13 pm  #15

"going after the far right" should never be out of vogue.
Is there a time when we should say, " oh those racists, anti semites and misogynists are so tiresome, let's just give them a rest.

January 31, 2024 8:57 am  #16

Watching the human race behave the way it does currently, I'm doubtful it will remain in vogue.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (January 31, 2024 8:58 am)