sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2024 10:44 pm  #1

Mass layoffs at Sports Illustrated

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 19, 2024 11:23 pm  #2

Re: Mass layoffs at Sports Illustrated

It's funny because I was just noticing earlier in January that @ Shoppers Drug Mart the Sports illustrated Bikini Calendars were not selling nearly as well as they have in the past. Tons left at discounted prices at various SDM locations. Not just one...many.  A $16.99 Calendar reduced to $8.49, then reduced to $4.19, still just sitting there. Such a shame.  
To be fair, it could be that they printed more than normal, but who honestly knows what happened...?

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 19, 2024 11:24 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 19, 2024 11:35 pm  #3

Latest example of going woke and going broke

January 19, 2024 11:35 pm  #4

Six years ago Sports Illustrated was still a weekly publication.  A few years later bi-weekly, and for the past few years monthly.  Like so many magazines it ain't selling anymore.  And the on line version doesn't seem to be solving the problem. 

January 20, 2024 8:47 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

Sports illustrated Bikini Calendars were not selling nearly as well as they have in the past

In related news, King Charles III is undergoing prostate gland surgery 

January 21, 2024 12:31 am  #6

Mr magoogain wrote:

It's actually the latest example of no one paying for a print version of what they can see for free online.  Conservative talking points are really infiltrating this board this weekend.  Can you guys start a group chat with each other so the rest of us can talk about radio and TV and not conspiracy theories about cereal mascots and swimsuit models?
Stop trying to Make SOWNY Great Again.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (January 21, 2024 12:32 am)

January 21, 2024 12:37 am  #7

Tomas Barlow wrote:

It's actually the latest example of no one paying for a print version of what they can see for free online.  Conservative talking points are really infiltrating this board this weekend.  Can you guys start a group chat with each other so the rest of us can talk about radio and TV and not conspiracy theories about cereal mascots and swimsuit models?

Hear hear!

January 21, 2024 6:51 am  #8

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Mr magoogain wrote:

+5 !!!

January 21, 2024 7:11 am  #9

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Mr magoogain wrote:

Tommy, Tommy.....tsk, tsk.....Not an inclusive comment....
Should the NDPers start a group chat as well?????  
Didn't realize this chat was only for Liberals...

January 21, 2024 10:36 am  #10

Calendars lose value and sell at discount when the year's in progress. Unless you don't buy your calendars for the calendar function. But that side of the shop's going/gone online, along with most other media.

January 21, 2024 12:00 pm  #11

Let's just stay on the original topic of the thread, please, and keep partisan politics out of it. There was no need to drag politics into the topic of a sports publication.

January 21, 2024 12:13 pm  #12

Forward Power wrote:

Let's just stay on the original topic of the thread, please, and keep partisan politics out of it. There was no need to drag politics into the topic of a sports publication.

"I Second That Emotion" - Smokey Robinson

January 21, 2024 2:13 pm  #13

Forward Power wrote:

Sorry. My bad

Call me old fashioned but i like my swim suit models to not have penises

January 21, 2024 3:25 pm  #14

Mr magoogain wrote:

Call me old fashioned but i like my swim suit models to not have penises

They don't. Not with the one I am talking about.
This is the calendar that used to sell out by mid December every year @ Shopper's Drug Mart.
Their price was $16.99, then reduced in January, still available @ $4.19 in mid January 2024.

Saul wrote:

Calendars lose value and sell at discount when the year's in progress. Unless you don't buy your calendars for the calendar function. But that side of the shop's going/gone online, along with most other media.

Interesting to note, the original Canadian price printed on the calendar is $25.99.
$16.99 was the starting price @ SDM when 2024 calendars first became available to purchase...and they still did not sell. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.