sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2023 11:03 am  #1

MIA - Reshmi Nair

I think we're on Week 3 of Reshmi being missing. On Monday Deb Hutton was hosting and said she would be there for the remainder of the week.  John Tory just mentioned he would be doing a couple of afternoons next week.  I presume he'll be doing The Rush.

In the beginning of her disappearance it was announced that she was at home recovering from a bug of some sort.

This has all the earmarks of a Scott McArthur or a Jim Richards although the fill-in hosts are still saying they are sitting in for Reshmi.

December 14, 2023 11:44 am  #2

Re: MIA - Reshmi Nair

DaCosta wrote:

I think we're on Week 3 of Reshmi being missing. On Monday Deb Hutton was hosting and said she would be there for the remainder of the week.  John Tory just mentioned he would be doing a couple of afternoons next week.  I presume he'll be doing The Rush.

In the beginning of her disappearance it was announced that she was at home recovering from a bug of some sort.

This has all the earmarks of a Scott McArthur or a Jim Richards although the fill-in hosts are still saying they are sitting in for Reshmi.

They'll find Jimmy Hoffa before Ryan Doyle ever shows up.

December 14, 2023 12:12 pm  #3

Walter wrote:

DaCosta wrote:

They'll find Jimmy Hoffa before Ryan Doyle ever shows up.

That made me howl with laughter!

December 14, 2023 12:33 pm  #4

The question to ask about Jim Richards is --if he's ever really there even when he is?

December 14, 2023 12:34 pm  #5

Ryan Doyle
Communications Strategist and Media Professional
Office of the Premier of Ontario

December 14, 2023 3:45 pm  #6

So does he have anything to do with the distortions about Liberal leader Bonnie Crombie -- that she rides around in a Maserati, has a house in The Hamptons (actually Long Island, which she inherited,) and pals around with developers (like Doug Ford doesn't invite developers  to his daughter's wedding?)

December 14, 2023 5:40 pm  #7

Calhame wrote:

Ryan Doyle

I guess that youtube betting gig didn't work out. 

December 14, 2023 6:38 pm  #8

cash wrote:

Calhame wrote:

Ryan Doyle

I guess that youtube betting gig didn't work out. 

Onward and upward!

December 14, 2023 7:17 pm  #9

newsguy1 wrote:

The question to ask about Jim Richards is --if he's ever really there even when he is?

Hopefully not.

January 5, 2024 3:01 pm  #10

She's still missing.....

January 5, 2024 4:01 pm  #11

back on monday as per today's opening. 

January 5, 2024 4:03 pm  #12

I missed the opening, thanks for the info.

January 8, 2024 3:06 pm  #13

MIA still........

January 8, 2024 3:07 pm  #14

Monday's show. Reshmi sounds suspiciously like Deb Hutton. 

And Deb just said she'd be in all week. 

Last edited by DaCosta (January 8, 2024 3:09 pm)

January 8, 2024 4:11 pm  #15

No matter what's wrong with Ms. Nair, it's apparent she's still with the station. For one thing, her substitute host always says "in for Reshmi Nair." And for another, they're still playing that real estate commercial featuring her voice and recommendation. Whatever's going on, it seems they expect her back. 

I'm not sure what the deal is with 1010's afternoon shift, but it's definitely had a pretty checkered history. First it was Ryan Doyle who mysteriously disappeared a number of years ago. Then Scott MacArthur vanished. And now Reshmi Nair. It's become like the Bermuda Triangle - they sail in, but they don't sail on. 

January 8, 2024 4:15 pm  #16

Maybe she's involved in on-going contract negotiations.  For them to announce she would be back today and then have a no-show tells me something fell through over the weekend.  If I recall, Scott fell off the face of the earth around the same time of the year that she did and they started together. OR, she may be having health issues which I hope is not the case.  Not a fan but I certainly wouldn't wish her ill.  I suspect John Tory may find a permanent home on The Rush. 

Last edited by DaCosta (January 8, 2024 4:16 pm)

January 8, 2024 4:36 pm  #17

I heard Adwoa back on this morning. No mention as to where she has been.

January 8, 2024 4:40 pm  #18

DaCosta wrote:

I suspect John Tory may find a permanent home on The Rush. 

That’s certainly a good guess at what the might do, and also how to guarantee that their ratings don’t move.

At this point, move overdrive over to 1010 and shut 1050 down

Last edited by RadioAaron (January 8, 2024 4:40 pm)

January 8, 2024 4:42 pm  #19

DaCosta wrote:

Maybe she's involved in on-going contract negotiations.  For them to announce she would be back today and then have a no-show tells me something fell through over the weekend.  If I recall, Scott fell off the face of the earth around the same time of the year that she did and they started together. OR, she may be having health issues which I hope is not the case.  Not a fan but I certainly wouldn't wish her ill.  I suspect John Tory may find a permanent home on The Rush. 

I strongly suspect the latter - a health issue. It's the same thing that apparently happened to Jim Richards, who, as many remember, was off the air for so long, people were openly saying he was fired. But then months later, he suddenly returned. That was some kind of mental health issue if I recall. Total speculation but could the same thing be happening to Nair? 

If so, what's going on at the station that there are so many absences for that reason?  (Same thing happened to Scott MacArthur.) Kind of ironic, with "Let's Talk Day"  on the horizon January 24th. 

January 8, 2024 4:44 pm  #20

Does anyone miss Reshmi???  I sure don't.  She's in over her head in that spot.

January 8, 2024 4:47 pm  #21

I don't miss her but it was kind of fun listening to her after she changed her outlook, or when someone told her to change her outlook.  It was a complete 180.  But you could always tell when she was trying to stop her head from exploding. 

January 8, 2024 5:42 pm  #22

Doesn't matter if she (doubtfully) ever returns, or if utter failure John Tory takes over the afternoons.  Neither are listenable.  640 is far better value than the rotting corpse of 1010, other than Vassy, but they'll probably figure out a way to screw that up, too.

Last edited by Walter (January 8, 2024 5:46 pm)

January 12, 2024 10:02 am  #23

Curious statement from John Moore introducing Deb Hutton on this morning's "Moore in the Morning":

"...who's been hosting the afternoon show for a good long time and for a good long time to come, apparently, it would seem."

So, sounds like odds are that Nair might not return this coming Monday, anyway.

January 12, 2024 10:42 am  #24

AspectRatio wrote:

Curious statement from John Moore introducing Deb Hutton on this morning's "Moore in the Morning":

"...who's been hosting the afternoon show for a good long time and for a good long time to come, apparently, it would seem."

Ooooh that would suck. Hutton is risible.

January 12, 2024 10:55 am  #25

Chrisphen wrote:

AspectRatio wrote:

Ooooh that would suck. Hutton is risible.

Nair... Hutton... Tory... None are listenable.  Tory may be the worst of the bunch, and that's saying something.

January 12, 2024 11:33 am  #26

On the NewsTalk1010 website in the "shows" section the description of the Rush reads:  "The Rush breaks down the biggest issues affecting the city today, and discusses where we’re headed tomorrow"  and doesn't list a host. I'm pretty sure it used to mention Reshmi Nair in the description of the show.

EDIT: Deb Hutton opened the show today and made no mention of being in for Reshmi Nair and again at after the 2:15 break. "Welcome back. Its Deb Hutton, Thanks so much for joining me."
I think RN is out.

Last edited by DenPas (January 12, 2024 3:23 pm)