sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2024 11:50 am  #1

Only Murders In The Building A Well Written Funny Comedy

I caught the first three episodes of Only Murders In The Building on Tuesday and really enjoyed the program.  Great cast (Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez) and strong supporting casts.

CTV should run the show unedited.   Not that there was a lot of swearing but every time a character dropped the F bomb, not only did they kill the audio, but also blurred or pixilated around the mouth so you couldn't read lips. Unlike south of the border, you can say the F word or variations of it on Canadian OTA television, especially after 9pm. 

Bill Brioux has a good overview of this very funny show..https://brioux.tv/blog/2024/01/02/still-havent-seen-only-murders-in-the-building-now-is-your-chance/

January 4, 2024 12:37 pm  #2

Re: Only Murders In The Building A Well Written Funny Comedy

Really? I tried streaming it.  I don't find it funny at all.  Marty Short's 15 minutes were up many years ago.
But as my francophone ancestors often said, a chacun son gout.

January 4, 2024 1:53 pm  #3

Yes, humour like music is a personal thing and comes in many varieties. 

January 4, 2024 6:42 pm  #4

^This equals true.

I certainly enjoyed watching two old pals like Martin & Short chew the scenery. Having not had any exposure to Selena Gomez previously, all I will say is she did very well holding her own with those two legends.

Some of the cameo/guest appearances have been great too - I won't spoil any here.

I enjoyed the show but found the plot to be ridiculously convoluted at times...just like a "real" murder-mystery-type tale. It's a good watch and to my knowledge, S4 is in the works.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (January 4, 2024 6:43 pm)