sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2023 6:27 pm  #1

"America's Most Wanted" Coming Back To Fox

I really dislike reality shows, but "America's Most Wanted" is probably the only one I watched on a regular basis. The reason: it actually worked and succeeded in catching a lot of really bad people, from rapists to murderers.

The series returns to Fox for a third time in January, although John Walsh doesn't appear to be wanted by the network to host it. 

‘America’s Most Wanted’ Revival Returns To Fox

Meanwhile, Fox has announced when its other series will return, including the long running Family Guy, which moves to a new night. 

November 21, 2023 6:51 pm  #2

Re: "America's Most Wanted" Coming Back To Fox

Why Wednesday for Family Guy? Animation domination not bringing in ratings?? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 21, 2023 7:00 pm  #3

My guess is they're introducing a new animation series featuring the voice of John Hamm that they think is a winner. From the promos I've seen, it doesn't look like one to me, but we'll know when "Grimsburg" premieres on Jan. 7th.

As for Family Guy, it's a proven audience getter and they want to create a new comedy block with Animal Control on Wednesdays. 

I've seen Animal Control and it's awful, so I hope it doesn't pull Family Guy down. 

November 21, 2023 8:58 pm  #4

A truly Southern Ontario Western New York story! If you're bored, start a blog. They're free. Oh never mind, you'll do whatever you want anyway. This place is becoming a mixed bag on any topic.

November 21, 2023 10:15 pm  #5

Agreed, it's a bit off topic, but it's been a slow day and I like to give the good folk who congregate here something new to read. Plus, I'll admit it was a fave show of mine once, so I'm happy to see it coming back. Others may be, too. And since it's available in this market and is broadcast related, it was worth a mention. And of course, you can always skip any thread that doesn't interest you.

November 21, 2023 11:51 pm  #6

Brad wrote:

A truly Southern Ontario Western New York story! If you're bored, start a blog. They're free. Oh never mind, you'll do whatever you want anyway. This place is becoming a mixed bag on any topic.

You must be fun at parties. Oh wait.. are you invited anymore?

November 22, 2023 8:41 am  #7

RadioActive wrote:

My guess is they're introducing a new animation series featuring the voice of John Hamm that they think is a winner. From the promos I've seen, it doesn't look like one to me, but we'll know when "Grimsburg" premieres on Jan. 7th.

As for Family Guy, it's a proven audience getter and they want to create a new comedy block with Animal Control on Wednesdays. 

I've seen Animal Control and it's awful, so I hope it doesn't pull Family Guy down. 

Animal Control will not cause the demise of Family Guy. NBC's Chicago Wednesday will take care of that.

November 22, 2023 8:49 am  #8

It's not that easy to kill FG. It was cancelled for several years until the reruns on the Cartoon Network got such high ratings and DVD sales were so brisk that Fox decided to bring it back from cancellation - something that almost never happens, especially three years later.

It was cut in 2002 and came back in 2005, and has been on the air at the network ever since.

Why was Family Guy Cancelled and Brought Back on Air?

When it did come back, the writers made sure to list all the Fox failures that were on air in its absence. 

November 22, 2023 9:22 am  #9

Trying to compete against Frasier, Friends and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Little wonder Family Guy's ratings were abysmal. Can't see them improving against either Med, Fire or PD.

December 13, 2023 4:21 pm  #10

Someone at Fox obviously had a change of heart. It was confirmed on Wednesday that John Walsh, the creator and original host of America's Most Wanted, is coming back to host the manhunt reality series, this time with his son, Callahan. 

It's kind of ironic that his son would be there with him - it was the murder of Walsh's young boy, Adam, Callahan's brother, that inspired the series in the first place. The debut episode will air on a Monday, Jan. 22nd. 

John Walsh Returns to Host ‘America’s Most Wanted’ With His Son Callahan Walsh on Fox