sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2023 8:30 pm  #1

Jimmy Kimmel Live

I don't watch much TV. I sit down every night at 11:00 to watch the news and then I watch whatever my wife is watching after that. Usually some mindless game show.

But lately she has been turning to CITY TV for Jimmy Kimmel Live. Accept it isn't live. The show is always a week old. Is there any other channel that carries it fresh?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

November 11, 2023 8:43 pm  #2

Re: Jimmy Kimmel Live

It originates out of ABC, which would be Channel 7 in Buffalo. But since City simulcasts the ABC feed, I doubt you'll see a different episode even if you don't have simsub. 

November 11, 2023 8:45 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

It originates out of ABC, which would be Channel 7 in Buffalo. But since City simulcasts the ABC feed, I doubt you'll see a different episode even if you don't have simsub. 

I wonder why they don't show the current show.

November 11, 2023 10:33 pm  #4

I'm not a regular viewer of the show, but I believe it tapes earlier in the day, and usually says "Recorded Earlier" at the bottom of the screen as Jimmy walks onto the stage. Usually, based on Youtube clips, his monologue seems to reflect current issues of the day. When the show the first started it was live. I'm not sure when it went to live on tape. It used to be on after Nightline when it first started, now Nightline is on after Kimmel. Maybe that had something to do with it.

November 11, 2023 10:38 pm  #5

A lot of nights it's clearly an old show. Last nigt he was talking about the Trump Bros day in court.(that was last week.) Then he talked about how Trump Sr will be taking the stand Monday. (that was last Monday.)

November 12, 2023 1:40 pm  #6

I think all the late night shows tape late afternoon.When I saw a taping of the Carson show in 1986, program was recorded between 5:30 and 6:30pm. Viewers at home don't miss anything during commercial breaks. Audience members listen to Doc Severinsen perform with the NBC Orchestra.

November 12, 2023 1:49 pm  #7

turkeytop wrote:

I don't watch much TV. I sit down every night at 11:00 to watch the news and then I watch whatever my wife is watching after that. Usually some mindless game show.

But lately she has been turning to CITY TV for Jimmy Kimmel Live. Accept it isn't live. The show is always a week old. Is there any other channel that carries it fresh?

You can try recording the Seattle ABC, since that's 3 hours behind and not a part of the sim sub.
If the program is still the exact same (week behind) then City TV is off the hook...along with what ABC Buffalo is also airing. 
The answer at that point would be no. There is no live (or same day recording) option.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 12, 2023 2:41 pm  #8

I don't believe I have the means to record anything. Doesn't matter anyway. At that time of night I'm just having a drink before turning in. I just watch whatever my wife is watching. A week-old talk show is still better than a game show.

November 12, 2023 5:47 pm  #9

Jimmy usually takes Friday nights off and a repeat episode airs.

November 12, 2023 6:10 pm  #10

canam2021 wrote:

Jimmy usually takes Friday nights off and a repeat episode airs.

I guess that explains it. By coincidence, I must have been only seeing it on Fridays.

November 12, 2023 6:49 pm  #11

This has been going on for a long time. Those who go back far enough will remember that by the end of his time on The Tonight Show, Johnny Carson got every Monday off (and sometimes a whole lot more!)  

November 12, 2023 11:22 pm  #12

RadioActive wrote:

This has been going on for a long time. Those who go back far enough will remember that by the end of his time on The Tonight Show, Johnny Carson got every Monday off (and sometimes a whole lot more!)  

IIRC, Johnny was down to working only three days a week towards the very end of his run. Monday's episode was a repeat ("The Best of Carson") and Tuesday's episode featured a guest host.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!