sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2023 9:10 am  #1

John Moore Celebrates 14 Years On NT1010 Morning Show

Oct. 5th marks exactly 14 years since John Moore moved from afternoons to mornings on CFRB. It's not exactly a Wally Crouter record, but considering the nature of the business now, it's a remarkable achievement. He notes that he and CHUM-FM's Marilyn Denis are just a relative few longtime survivors in the most important radio daypart, in an industry that has seen a lot of change. 

So congrats to Mr. Moore. Despite some talented competition, he's still my go-to first choice in the AM.

October 5, 2023 2:15 pm  #2

Re: John Moore Celebrates 14 Years On NT1010 Morning Show

Glad you posted this anniversary RA.

I hope John's on-air on 1010 for at least another 10-14 years. If the powers that be were smart they'd look at having John Tory or someone else sit in for John at least once every month on a Monday or Friday. A regular long weekend could go a long way in extending the energy and "battery life" of the respected Moore In the Morning host. In hockey terminology he is the face, on-air personality and presence of the franchise.

Congratulations to John Moore, and also congratulations to Robert Turner and the various talented MITM teams over the years and merci. 👏🥃🥃😁🎧🎙️

Last edited by betaylored (October 5, 2023 2:19 pm)

October 5, 2023 6:03 pm  #3

CFRB assets John Tory and Navigator are back in the news again!

I noticed on The Resh today that they didn't disclaim both Tory's and Navigator's involvement with the station.

October 6, 2023 6:07 am  #4

14 years of continuous ratings decline for the once mighty 1010. Well done, Johnny

October 6, 2023 6:49 am  #5

I liked John Moore from the time he was an entertainment reporter and was happy to see him land the big job.      

One thing that resonates for me is how he lives in my neighbourhood and often brings up points about 'local' stuff that interest me.     We see the same unhoused people on Yonge St., visit the same restaurants and shops, and face the same local annoyances with all kinds of happenings.  It was even more fun when NT1010 was local too, and no, never met the guy!  

I wish him continued success and am an avid listener, despite the overwhelming plethora of ads at that time of day.   They gotta pay the bills.

Last edited by SpinningWheel (October 6, 2023 6:54 am)

October 6, 2023 7:50 am  #6

I met John, along with many of the RB personalities, when Bell put on their annual June food and booze event at the CNE where the general public could chat with the voices they listened to. He is a very personable, likeable guy. When, When John's dad was still alive, I would chuckle at the stories of trying to teach a parent about the advantages of having a telephone answering machine.

October 6, 2023 8:37 am  #7

RadioActive wrote:

Oct. 5th marks exactly 14 years since John Moore moved from afternoons to mornings on CFRB.

So congrats to Mr. Moore. Despite some talented competition, he's still my go-to first choice in the AM.

Couldn’t agree more with you RadioActive, John Moore is my AM go-to as well, hate it when he’s on vacation!