sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2023 9:45 pm  #1

Capt. Kirk Sets Phasers To Kill After CTV's Sandie Rinaldo Interview

William Shatner has probably earned the right to be irascible. Which may explain why, at the tender age of 92, the former Captain Kirk had some choice words to say about his recent interview with CTV's Sandie Rinaldo. It was for the veteran anchor/reporter's 50th anniversary special for the network that aired earlier this week. 

And it seems he got along better with the Klingons, accusing her of asking him "ridiculous questions" for an hour.  

William Shatner blasts Sandie Rinaldo interview: 'CTV won't be interviewing me again'

September 21, 2023 10:34 am  #2

Re: Capt. Kirk Sets Phasers To Kill After CTV's Sandie Rinaldo Interview

I don't know about you, but some of William Shatner's charm in his later years has been his crankiness.  Never really sure if he means it, or is part of it put on.  He was only guest who could tell David Letterman with a straight face to fuck off and bring the house down. 

I do find that Canadian journalists when interviewing celebrities are lacking and do tend to ask dumb questions.  Credit however to Tom Power who did a good job interviewing Mick Jagger the other night on The National.    

September 21, 2023 10:48 am  #3

Anyone who could record something like the abomination below can't really expect to be taken seriously!

September 21, 2023 10:49 am  #4

paterson1 wrote:

I don't know about you, but some of William Shatner's charm in his later years has been his crankiness.  

It's not really a secret - Shatner's been a legendary prick for decades.

September 21, 2023 11:10 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

Anyone who could record something like the abomination below can't really expect to be taken seriously!

Ahh yes. The "Golden Throats" series of albums released by Rhino Records many decades ago. So unbelievably cringeworthy, they are good for a chuckle.

September 21, 2023 12:07 pm  #6

Didn’t William Shatner block anyone on Twitter who was associated with Global News a few years ago?

September 21, 2023 3:03 pm  #7

Shatner does a killer version of "Common People" with help from Joe Jackson.