sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2023 12:09 pm  #1

Rogers Loyalty and Bob Dylan. 2 Subjects

Tried to get through to Rogers Loyalty this morning for an hour and a half.  No one will speak to me according to the initial person I got in Billing.  I received an offered from them which doesn't make any sense.  They say they didn't send me an offer.  Really?  I'm told by my Bell friends that it is almost impossible to get through to anyone.  I guess Rogers is playing catch up.  The odd thing is I don't mind the fiber service at all.  It's actually quite good.

Second point.  Bob Dylan who I have been going to see since 1965.  If you want Row F for his October show at Massey Hall it will cost you $1,060.00.  That's for one ticket.  Not going to address anyone but this is ridiculous.  Not a good morning.  My friend tells me that Bonnie Raitt last October wanted over $800.00 a ticket.  Thank God I got to see almost anyone and everyone over the years.

August 24, 2023 7:07 pm  #2

Re: Rogers Loyalty and Bob Dylan. 2 Subjects

If it was an email or phone call, there is, AFAIK, a scam going around that involves Rogers.

August 24, 2023 9:34 pm  #3

Thanks Weed.

August 24, 2023 9:52 pm  #4

However, if you called them, then it was the real Rogers. Which also speaks volumes.

This "No one answers the phone/on hold for an hour" thing is now the norm with almost any business - and it's infuriating. Nobody wants to talk to the customer anymore. I can't even get my own doctor's office on the line. You can leave a message, but what good is that if you're sick and it takes until the next day to call back - if then? Sometimes email gets through, and that's the only way we communicate now. 

I tried to reach my veterinarian Thursday morning. From 9 AM to 1 PM, it was a "We can't take your call right now" recording. I finally called around 4 o'clock and got a real actual human being to arrange an appointment. Seven hours to get a person to pick up the phone? Unacceptable. 

This also applies to TV and radio stations. My old station used to have a receptionist who would answer every call, redirect the listener/viewer to the right person or give a caller the info if he/she knew what it was. Those days are gone. No one answers the phone anymore - if there's even anyone there to answer it in the first place. 

It's a frustrating trend and I've actually gone elsewhere when a store or service refuses to take my call to answer a simple question about something I want to buy. If you refuse to talk to me, I refuse to do business with you. Seems only fair. 

As for Bob Dylan, I tried to call him once, but the only answer, my friend, was "Blowing in the Wind."

August 25, 2023 8:38 am  #5

Actually, Rogers gives you an option to continue holding or receive a call back in [insert # of minutes] The callback comes within a minute or so of what was promised.

August 25, 2023 8:43 am  #6

Can't they just answer the phone and talk to their customers? There's nothing like knowing someone at a big company is hearing you. And waiting for a callback that might come in 10 minutes or two hours is torture to me.

August 25, 2023 9:04 am  #7

As I said, if Rogers promises a callback in 30-35 minutes, the call always comes in that five minute window. Of course, if I have errands to run, I decline the callback option and phone back when I get home. I hear you though. At one time, every business had a switchboard operator. Now you get that smooth voice explaining "Your call is important to us..."

August 25, 2023 9:45 am  #8

Years ago I was having big internet problems which I thought was with Bell.  I complained to the Bell rep.  about the time I had to wait and general frustration. The Bell rep was unable to fix the problem.  He gave me a number that I could call that was "up the chain" and much quicker to actually talk to a person. 

As it turned out the problem wasn't with Bell but rather Microsoft.  It was the Bell rep. that let me know that the problem wasn't on their end.   Dealing with Microsoft also was a chore and I eventually ended up talking to someone in South Korea who was very helpful and was able to fix the problem,  But again all of this took way too much time, like a total of about 8 hours over two days. 

August 25, 2023 10:43 am  #9

The irony of this is that as I was reading the responses to this post, I was also calling two different companies. I got the usual phone recordings, both telling me their "menu options have recently changed." (What is up with these companies constantly changing their menus?)

When I found my option, I got - you guessed it - voice mail saying whoever it was I needed to talk to wasn't available and to leave a message. Beep! I hung up. 

To their credit, one of the companies actually called me back after seeing my number in their call display, even though I didn't leave a message. Those guys are likely to get my business. 

I can't imagine a newsroom in the biggest market in Canada not having a receptionist. We had many of them on the desk during the day to answer viewer questions. If memory serves, one of them was Debra Digiovanni, who has gone on to be a major stand-up comic and is featured regularly on Funny 820. Good for her. Can you imagine her answering your complaint about a story? That I might have paid to hear! But back then, no one knew what was coming in her career!

August 25, 2023 10:53 am  #10

If you watched the Marketplace piece on Big Telecom you know that the various carriers don't answer right away if they recognize the number belongs to a customer. It is "New customers" they are quick  to pick up on. Anytime I have to deal with Rogers I do it strictly through their chat feature. There is usually a  prompt response .

August 26, 2023 3:50 pm  #11

Oh. I got a call back from a guy who could not help me.  What I was trying to do was to get through to "loyalty" where you could really get things done.

August 27, 2023 8:03 am  #12

I find the chat system is the quickest way to resolve an issue also. Once you get past the automated response section. I am ending a 43  year relationship with Rogers on Oct 31 as we are moving to Elliot Lake. From the research I have done so far, a service called Sunwire appears to be the best provider choice with their options seeming to mirror what  Rogers currently offers.