sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2023 10:06 pm  #1

Does Vice TV Still Air On Cdn. Cable? If So, You May Want To DVR This

I ask because if you can get this channel, there's a show on this weekend that may be worth a look. It's part of a series called "The Dark Side of the 2000s" and it explores some of the more odd things that happened at the turn of the century. 

On Saturday at 12 noon, there's a two hour episode being rerun about the birth of the Shock Jock and the way it changed radio. It centres on Howard Stern, who seems to have started radio wars with just about anyone who dared compete with him. 

Even if you can't see the episode (and that schedule is based on the U.S. channel, so it could be different here,) there's a fairly interesting article about the incredibly odious thing he did to one Chicago competitor and how the two men wound up hating each other. Stern would later say he was sorry for his actions, but the man whose family he viciously attacked and insulted on air has never forgiven him, saying to this day, "he can burn in hell."

The story is at the link below and if you're interested and can get the channel, you may want to set your DVR to see it. 

Shock jock radio feud from the early 2000s between Howard Stern and Mancow Muller is reignited on 'Dark Side of the 2000s'  

August 18, 2023 12:55 pm  #2

Re: Does Vice TV Still Air On Cdn. Cable? If So, You May Want To DVR This

According to TV Passport Part 1 airs at Noon Saturday followed by Part 2 at 1pm. There is also another series entitled The Dark Side of Comedy featuring, Roseanne, Dustin Diamond and Richard  Prior. I have not yet found Vice TV on Rogers.

August 18, 2023 1:09 pm  #3

I have a special Rogers Ignite Bulk VIP package from Rogers' Multiple Dwelling Unit division, which has a lot of channels (no Flex). No Vice TV. However, Vice is available on my Roku, so might be available on Rogers' streaming service.

August 18, 2023 8:54 pm  #4

I found Vice on thetvapp.to.

August 19, 2023 9:26 pm  #5

I have a friend who has DirecTV and Vice is one of the channels he gets. I saw this on Saturday and it's incredible what Howard Stern did for ratings. What an awful human being he is/was. I knew about some of the sutff he pulled, but never the extent of just how far he'd go.

I never liked the guy on air and now I'm just as glad that his show didn't last long in Canada.