sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2016 2:03 pm  #1

Dean Blundell

The Ontario Court of Appeal have ordered a new trial as a result of the "Dean Blundell" affair

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/decisions/2016/2016ONCA0801.htm

October 31, 2016 3:16 pm  #2

Re: Dean Blundell

Still don't understand how someone could be such a complete moron. 

November 1, 2016 12:55 pm  #4

Tick. Tock. Tick...

(Sound of the countdown to when they finally take this adolescent-brained insult of a morning show off the air. Then I can once again enjoy two morning shows, and you can fix the mistake you made when someone attempted to fix a problem that didn't actually exist.)

January 6, 2017 3:35 pm  #5

Update to a big story from 2013:

Gay man who was mocked by juror on radio has charges stayed

By the way, Derek Welsman's Linked In page now lists him as "Imaging Director at Newcap Radio Toronto." 

Last edited by RadioActive (January 6, 2017 3:36 pm)

January 6, 2017 4:10 pm  #6

What did anyone expect?  THAT'S radio in the 21st century.  Owned by dicks, run by dinks, 'manned' by twits...and the share-holders keep on cashing those dividend cheques.  And I thought it was bad in the 70s when I told a General Sales Manager that if they could they'd sell sponsorships for farts if they thought they could get away with it.  Now they just hire them and let them host the shows.

This guy is the future of radio.  He's a trail-blazer.  He'll lead the charge to finally bury the industry forever.  We should sell pre-DATED tickets to see who can pick the expiry date.  We won't all be dead when it happens.  What's left 15 years?

Last edited by Old Codger (January 6, 2017 4:13 pm)