sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2023 6:43 am  #1

Terry Mosher cartoon

I’m obviously not submitting this for publication. However,  I am going to post this cartoon everywhere to those who follow my work. Please feel free to do the same. Have a good day.
Terry Mosher

June 22, 2023 7:59 am  #2

Re: Terry Mosher cartoon

Apparently the Aislin cartoon references Postmedia's decimation of The Montreal Gazette.

https://twitter.com/TerryMosher1/status/1671562656451371008/photo/1

June 22, 2023 8:57 am  #3

je me souviens

June 22, 2023 9:42 am  #4

I have been an Aislin fan for many decades and I’m proud to own an original of his. Unfortunately, he is (in this cartoon) misinforming Gazette readers. It’s true we, in Toronto, have no shortage of assholes (check out the mayoralty race) but what ails Postmedia is a) it's controlled from the USA, and; b) it fails to market a product of our times. Traditional radio, TV, and print are being replaced by social media, podcasting, streaming, digital online and, generally, one should say ‘congrats, you got your hundred years…now go away’. Nobody reading this board needs me to tell them that very few people under age 45 pay any attention to traditional media…that’s what is sinking the ship. Aislin’s next piece on this phenomenon might seek to address that!

Last edited by shurmanator (June 22, 2023 10:11 am)