sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2023 9:53 am  #1

Can You Answer These Online TV Trivia Quizzes?

There's a magazine in the U.S. called "Rewind," dedicated to nostalgia of all kinds. They recently instituted a quiz section about old TV on their webpage and I did pretty well on the two I tried.

The first, Do You Know Who Lived At That TV Address?, scored me 9 out of 11. (Although I still think one of their answers was wrong.)

The other was about TV tech and what certain terms mean. This one was almost too easy, but some may find it a challenge. It's called "Rabbit Ears and Laff Boxes? Test Your TV Knowledge." I only missed one, and it was a guess about a specific year.

There are more quizzes here.  

By the way, "Rewind" is the kind of magazine I might actually consider getting a subscription to. The only problem? They refuse to send it to Canada or anywhere else outside the U.S., even if you're willing to pay in American funds and fork out extra for the postage. It's a short-sighted business philosophy that drives me crazy. There shouldn't be borders for reading material. And they're cutting off an audience of potentially thousands of would-be customers. In the age of print going the way of the dinosaur, that seems pretty short-sighted to me. 

May 19, 2023 3:25 pm  #2

Re: Can You Answer These Online TV Trivia Quizzes?

First quiz I got 9 of 11 correct but it should be 10. Whoever, set up the quiz seems confused between Mayfield and Mayberry. Second quiz, only 6 of 10.

May 19, 2023 3:42 pm  #3

Yeah, that Leave It To Beaver one I'm certain is wrong. 

May 19, 2023 6:05 pm  #4

only had 7 correct on the first one, a tad embarrassing, but it was fun.

trivia quizzes are like potato chips, thanks RA 😃

Last edited by betaylored (May 19, 2023 6:06 pm)

May 19, 2023 7:06 pm  #5

betaylored wrote:

Maybe you should take their National Potato Chip Day quiz! Yes, they really did have one. (But then again, as a Lays-man might say, nobody can have just one...)

May 19, 2023 8:19 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

betaylored wrote:

Maybe you should take their National Potato Chip Day quiz! Yes, they really did have one. (But then again, as a Lays-man might say, nobody can have just one...)

a national potato chip day quiz, perfect for this long weekend! thanks x 2 RA!

Last edited by betaylored (May 19, 2023 8:32 pm)