sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2023 2:58 pm  #1

How Large A TV Screen Do We Really Need At Home?

Five years ago I upgraded from a 40" to a 65". Any larger and the bottom right portion of the screen would have been hidden behind my wall unit. Gradually, we have gone 85, 95, 100 inc screens. Today, I was reading in robbreport.co that LG has released a 325" television that measures 23.6' X 13.3' and weighs 2,222 lbs. All this will set you back $1.7M. It does come with a complimentary customer service package valued at 30K. If that is out of your price range, Samsung now has "The Wall" a 292" screen that retails for a slightly less expensive $800K. Even if I won LottoMax and had a wall large enough, I think I would pass. Reality tv is bad no matter the screen size. Yes the Leafs and Raptors games would look impressive, but for that kind of dough, you could afford season tickets for both teams for a number of years.

May 5, 2023 3:18 pm  #2

Re: How Large A TV Screen Do We Really Need At Home?

For that price, it should come with someone to actually watch the shows for you!

May 5, 2023 3:22 pm  #3

Here's what a 325" TV looks like. (Room not included. Although for $1.7 million, it should be.)

May 5, 2023 4:37 pm  #4

nice... but the speakers need to be larger....  bigger picture needs bigger sound.....

May 5, 2023 5:20 pm  #5

It takes up a complete wall!!   I have often hit the wall when some outdoor scenes are on and screen mistaken for my patio doors.  Hee...Hee...!

May 5, 2023 8:02 pm  #6

Glen Warren wrote:

nice... but the speakers need to be larger....  bigger picture needs bigger sound.....

Augment it with ceiling speakers

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

May 5, 2023 10:56 pm  #7

The first TV we had in our house when Iwas a kid. was 21" Some TVs were only 17".

When I got older and moved out on my own, I bought a 12" B&W for my apartment.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

May 5, 2023 11:11 pm  #8

Keep growing and it just might mean that Weird AL was way ahead of his time back in 1993!   

Last edited by Radiowiz (May 5, 2023 11:15 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 6, 2023 7:23 am  #9

My grandparent's first television set was a then monstrous Admiral 23". I always remember on the channel dial there was a dot between ch 2 and ch 13. Nobody knew what it was for. Looking back, it was probably for future UHF purposes.

May 8, 2023 12:47 am  #10

When a then roomate brought a 27 inch high end tv and a VHS deck with stereo playback home in1990, we thought we were seeing the ultimate in tech. Little did we know.