sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2023 11:44 pm  #1

Sandie Rinaldo 50 Years With CTV News

CTV had a nice report last evening on Sandie Rinaldo who has been with the network for 50 Years. 
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.6387043

Last edited by paterson1 (May 6, 2023 11:51 pm)

May 7, 2023 11:57 am  #2

Re: Sandie Rinaldo 50 Years With CTV News

I never worked directly with Sandie, but in the same newsroom for just over four years.  She is a class act all around.

Last edited by Radio Bob (May 7, 2023 12:01 pm)

May 7, 2023 4:51 pm  #3

What a great tribute to Sandie. I didn't realize she has been with CTV for 50 years and learned a lot about her in this piece which I didn't see until it was posted here. Thanks for sharing. 

May 8, 2023 11:47 pm  #4

Broadcast Dialogue reports that CTV will be airing a special on Rinaldo's career and life story on Friday night.

"l’m Sandie Rinaldo," which will air at 9 p.m. ET on May 12, diving into how the veteran reporter’s upbringing as the daughter of Holocaust survivors shaped her own journey and profoundly influenced her work as a journalist."

Sandie Rinaldo celebrates 50th anniversary with CTV

May 13, 2023 9:48 pm  #5

The special on Sandie Rinaldo's life and time with CTV was actually much better than I was expecting. And it had a surprisingly big budget - they sent her to Washington, D.C., Poland and Israel amongst other places. Lots of things I never knew about her and she admitted to being a private person, making the revelations in the show that much more interesting

If you missed it, it's online here.  

May 15, 2023 3:07 pm  #6

And there is another special this summer called Sandie Rinaldo's 50/50 which highlights some of her more memorable interviews over the past 50 years at CTV.  Interview segments include John Candy, Mariah Carey,
Martin Short, William Shatner, Justin Bieber and various politicians.  No date set but the special is slated for the hazy crazy days of summer. 

September 14, 2023 9:20 am  #7

paterson1 wrote:

And there is another special this summer called Sandie Rinaldo's 50/50 which highlights some of her more memorable interviews over the past 50 years at CTV.  Interview segments include John Candy, Mariah Carey,
Martin Short, William Shatner, Justin Bieber and various politicians.  No date set but the special is slated for the hazy crazy days of summer. 

This special will air this coming Tuesday, Sept. 19th at 10 PM.