sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2023 8:55 pm  #1

Incredible TV Memorabilia Auction Features Unbelievable Original Stuff

It's taking place in Texas, but there doesn't appear to be anything that says a Canadian can't bid. If, that is, you've got big bucks. An auction of vintage, rare and original TV memorabilia features a ton of material, with bids ranging from $1 to over $10,000. But looking at the catalogue online, it's like a nostalgia fest for anyone who was partially raised on the boob tube. 

You don't have to buy anything to be amused or amazed by what's on display. Here are a few of my favourites, but you can see the entire extensive collection (and there are pages and pages of them) here. 

Star Trek Landing Party Collection, (includes a communicator, a tricorder and two phasers) Current bid: $1,650.

Original Batman & Robin Costumes, Reserve Amount Bid (Holy Fortune Batman!) $500,000

Rowan & Martin Laugh-In Signed Joke Wall, Current Bid: $525

Johnny Carson's Tonight Show Set, Reserve Bid: $100,000

70+ Vintage TV Guides, 1953-1959, Current Bid: $100

I Dream Of Jeannie Bottle, Reserve Min. Bid: $400,000

Prop CBS Color Camera, Current Bid: $1

Archie Bunker's Dining Room, All In The Family, Reserve Bid: $10,000

M*A*S*H Sign, Reserve Bid: $10,000

And since this is a radio board, I saved the best for last. Les Nessman Buckeye Newshawk Award Plaque, WKRP In Cincinnati, Current Bid: $190

May 3, 2023 11:03 pm  #2

Re: Incredible TV Memorabilia Auction Features Unbelievable Original Stuff

Wow, some very cool memorabilia here, gave me nostalgic fuzziness! I encourage all to check out the site. Thanks for sharing RA.

May 4, 2023 12:01 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

And since this is a radio board, I saved the best for last. Les Nessman Buckeye Newshawk Award Plaque, WKRP In Cincinnati, Current Bid: $190

What, no Silver Sow Award?

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

May 4, 2023 1:21 am  #4

May 4, 2023 1:42 am  #5

Glen Warren wrote:

Thank you!

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

May 4, 2023 10:52 am  #6

For Jeopardy fans, this guy also has not one, but two old contestant podiums used on the show. Based on the photo I saw yesterday, I believe these were the ones used from 1996-2002.

If I had the space I’d bid on one of those.

May 4, 2023 11:03 am  #7

MJ Vancouver wrote:

For Jeopardy fans, this guy also has not one, but two old contestant podiums used on the show. Based on the photo I saw yesterday, I believe these were the ones used from 1996-2002.

If I had the space I’d bid on one of those.

What's really weird about this is that one of these was in the first position on stage, where the champ of the day would stand. That one has a current bid of $825.

The second one, in position #2 where one of the challengers would play, seems identical in every way. But its current bid is $525.

I guess it's worth 3-hundred extra bucks to be a winner!

And by the way, both come not only with the podium, but a buzz-in button and lit graphics. What is a great keepsake Alex?

May 4, 2023 11:04 am  #8

Those 1953-59 TV Guides. If there were any Fall Preview issues, I would be interested.

May 4, 2023 11:32 am  #9

The two chairs in Archie and Edith’s living room are listed. I saw these in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, along with other notable tv and movie props back in 2005. The small table between the chairs, complete with the crocheted doily, ash tray and beer can were also displayed.  The auction listing photo has an ash tray and tv remote. Could be these items were on a temporary loan for a themed display, which often occurs in museums. The reserve amount is $100,000.

Last edited by PeterY (May 4, 2023 11:33 am)

May 4, 2023 12:13 pm  #10

Boob tube indeedy, it's like my childhood in a nutshell really seeing some of these pieces, almost got goosebumps in a good way. Thanks for sharing RA. 📺😁

May 4, 2023 11:14 pm  #11

Found some cool props from The Price Is Right like the big Plinko Sign, One of the podiums from The Weakest Link and the judges desk with the red x's from AGT.