sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2023 4:45 pm  #1

Doug Thompson on Ted Woloshyn's podcast

Blowing my own horn here...I had a blast on Ted Woloshyn's podcast that went on line Thursday.

Thanks Ted for a great conversation.

https://www.tedwoloshyn.ca/season-2-episode-34-doug-thompson/

Last edited by Doug Thompson (May 1, 2023 6:53 pm)

April 29, 2023 6:31 pm  #2

Re: Doug Thompson on Ted Woloshyn's podcast

You deserve to toot your horn Mr. Thompson.  You have worked with the best over your long and successful career. The awards, recognition and respect in the industry you have is well earned.

In the 70's I always would listen to CHUM's promos for contests and events and there was always a wow factor in these mini pieces of perfection.  CHUM's music documentaries like the Evolution of Rock were the gold standard thanks to you and others that worked on these productions. 

I often find podcasts too disorganized with hosts that talk and ramble too much.  But listening to you and Ted was interesting all the way through.  Congrats and it sounded like Ted was enjoying himself as well.

April 29, 2023 7:40 pm  #3

Everything Paterson1 wrote here is absolutely on the mark. Both Ted and Doug deserve each and every word. They have always been there. Making it happen. Making it real. 

paterson1 wrote:

You deserve to toot your horn Mr. Thompson.  You have worked with the best over your long and successful career. The awards, recognition and respect in the industry you have is well earned.

In the 70's I always would listen to CHUM's promos for contests and events and there was always a wow factor in these mini pieces of perfection.  CHUM's music documentaries like the Evolution of Rock were the gold standard thanks to you and others that worked on these productions. 

I often find podcasts too disorganized with hosts that talk and ramble too much.  But listening to you and Ted was interesting all the way through.  Congrats and it sounded like Ted was enjoying himself as well.

April 29, 2023 10:35 pm  #4

Some of Doug's superb production work can be found below...

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/dougt.html

Last edited by Dale Patterson (April 29, 2023 10:39 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

April 30, 2023 4:07 pm  #5

Brilliant move by Ted to have the extremely talented Doug Thompson on his podcast.  Great listening.

April 30, 2023 4:10 pm  #6

I'm kind of jealous of his amazing talent! He makes the rest of us who've spent time producing radio behind a board sound like amateurs.

I suspect if he can hear it in his head, he can make it happen in reality. A rare gift for a producer.