sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2023 10:30 am  #1

Program Note

Wednesday April 26 PBS has a new series starting entitled "Iconic America" Episode One will be of interest to all baseball fans because it explores the history of Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. One stat most people don't know is that Fenway opened the same day [Apr 20, 1912] as  Navin/Briggs/Tiger Stadium in Detroit. Program airs at 10pm on WNED and WTVS. 1am on KTVS.

April 24, 2023 10:42 am  #2

Re: Program Note

Oops! I hit submit twice in error. I had intended to alert members of another interesting program airing Wednesday night. At 8pm NBC has scheduled "Carol Burnett: 90 Years of Laughter + Love"

April 24, 2023 10:45 am  #3

mace wrote:

Wednesday night. At 8pm NBC has scheduled "Carol Burnett: 90 Years of Laughter + Love"

More info here:  https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2023/carol-burnett-90th-birthday-special.html

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 24, 2023 10:54 am  #4

It amazes me that the special is on NBC - and not CBS, where Carol Burnett had most of her TV success. (Even the initials of The Carol Burnett Show were "CBS!") 

It also reruns on NBC Sunday, April 30th at 7 PM, in case you miss it the first time. 

April 24, 2023 11:03 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

It amazes me that the special is on NBC - and not CBS, where Carol Burnett had most of her TV success. (Even the initials of The Carol Burnett Show were "CBS!") 
It also reruns on NBC Sunday, April 30th at 7 PM, in case you miss it the first time. 

Peacock holds the rights to reruns today, so it is only fitting that NBC gets to do the 90th birthday special...& most likely encourage everyone to visit Peacock to watch all the reruns! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 24, 2023 11:15 am  #6

That would certainly explain it.

April 24, 2023 11:36 am  #7

A preview from the U.S. TV Guide: